Wednesday, August 2: Grayson Rodriguez & Orioles vs Yusei Kikuchi Blue Jays

SteveA

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

If that was/is the front office’s evaluation, I wonder why they didn’t acquire a better deliver or another one in addition? Especially given how bad the other middle relievers are.

Maybe they hoped otherwise.  Maybe they hoped they would get someone else too.  He still has value. They need to figure how to get Cano straight though. Been a bad month for the bullpen other than Bautista, especially with inherited runners. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Tough game after a trade deadline where you did not get an impact reliever and kept Jorge Mateo around.

Sums it up well.

Hope Flaherty makes a good impression tomorrow.  Winning 3 straight against the Jays was looking like a real possibility, now we're going to have to hope for a split.  

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Tough game after a trade deadline where you did not get an impact reliever and kept Jorge Mateo around.

For the life of me I cant see the love of Mateo.  How many times to you have to see failure to realize he is a failure?  

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Maybe they hoped otherwise.  Maybe they hoped they would get someone else too.  He still has value. They need to figure how to get Cano straight though. Been a bad month for the bullpen other than Bautista, especially with inherited runners. 

“Hope” doesn’t seem like a great strategy to rely on.