Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

50 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He isn’t useless.  He hired Elias and has basically left him alone.  Tons of owners won’t even do that.  This is tremendously disappointing though. 

He hasn't left Elias alone.  We still have damn near the lowest payroll in baseball for one reason.  Also, remember when Elias backtracked the "liftoff" comment?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

McDonald seemed to be covering for the Orioles when he tweeted out somethin about it being a full moon and this was nothing but a scheduling issue. That's kind of jacked up if that's what he was doing. Makes me lose a little respect for him if that's what he was talking about when he knows the actual truth. 

Probably would be hard to work with Kevin Brown after covering ownership over this.

I originally heard that Brown was suspended because he got into some sort of altercation with Ben.  I thought Ben responded to that specific issue when he said that it was just a scheduling conflict.  I assume Ben wanted to clear the air that he wasn’t the reason why Brown was absent, but probably was not in a position to say that the real reason is that John Angelos is a petty little man.  If not for the rumors involving him specifically, I think he probably remains silent.  I am not sure that I consider that as covering up for ownership.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

I originally heard that Brown was suspended because he got into some sort of altercation with Ben.  I thought Ben responded to that specific issue when he said that it was just a scheduling conflict.  I assume Ben wanted to clear the air that he wasn’t the reason why Brown was absent, but probably was not in a position to say that the real reason is that John Angelos is a petty little man.  If not for the rumors involving him specifically, I think he probably remains silent.  I am not sure that I consider that as covering up for ownership.

He could have just said there was no issue between him and Kevin Brown. Either way, I don't know the whole story and I have heard there are a lot of folks pissed at Angelos, but I don't know if that includes McDonald or not.

BTW, that whole "sell coming to the yards" thing every chance you get is a real thing as well from what I heard. that's why it was all about Mr. Splash for awhile and why the broadcasters are out in CF even though that's not a good angle o call a game from.

5 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

I originally heard that Brown was suspended because he got into some sort of altercation with Ben.  

Wouldn't surprise me if that "leak" came from JA himself.  Probably trying to throw KB under the bus.

The narrative could all change for John when he signs the lease. I heard it was getting closer and this might move it up even more. 

Akso who wants Kevin Brown back with a muzzle. Everything he says people will be wondering if someone is standing behind him with a seven second tape delay button. Maybe his chair will now be electrified. Zapped like in A Clockwork Orange.

26 minutes ago, Pruke said:

This sounds so absurd. If true and some have confirmed I think someone is doing drinky drinky during decision making hours. It is that awful. It’s so illogical for someone in the legal profession.

"Breaking your hand punching out a wall, drawing a gun over grass clippings, getting named in the Mitchell Report....and now this. This is the last straw Kevin Brown!!!

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Akso who wants Kevin Brown back with a muzzle. Everything he says people will be wondering if someone is standing behind him with a seven second tape delay button. Maybe his chair will now be electrified. Zapped like in A Clockwork Orange.

KB has called his last Orioles game, I guarantee it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1