Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

15 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Isn’t this the 3rd meltdown from Fujinama since he’s been on the team?

I struggle to understand the thought process that led to the conclusion that the risk of a reclamation project was all we needed to add to the bullpen to win a pennant.

Absolutely moronic. Instead of getting some lights out reliever which is what was needed let's get some arsonist to pour gasoline all over close games.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

There are other options in the organization that they'll tap into. You might have a preference for "established" arms from elsewhere, but Fuji is far from the only change/addition they'll make to the bullpen by October.

It just wasn’t necessary to take the risk of going cheap IMO, not with a team this good.

The difference in this series is the 2 teams bullpens. 

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I’m afraid that this series is a foreshadowing of the playoffs. Hopefully not, but it’s hard to conclude that they are just not better than us.

Not upgrading the pen enough will probably bite us in the postseason.  Elias needed to get a better arm. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

You absolutely can not bring him in any kind of a higher leverage situation.

He just can’t handle it right now. He needs to be treated the same way you treated a guy like Akin.

I heard all the cries that all he needed was a clean inning.

Well, I don't hear anyone saying that anymore.

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

Astros are levels above the Os. We better hope we don’t see them in the post season.

Given that they've been in every ALCS for a hundred years, I would count on seeing them. Then we'll see them one of the Braves/Dodgers, who did this same things to us.

That's the reality people are suggesting when they say this team can win the WS.