Tuesday, August 15: Orioles at Padres

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

In a much harder division.

I think both divisions are pretty good. It's certainly possible we could see the Orioles facing the Diamondbacks in a world series in the future, based on how both teams are set up with young talent. Only team in the NL West that isn't a good team is the Rockies.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I think both divisions are pretty good. It's certainly possible we could see the Orioles facing the Diamondbacks in a world series in the future, based on how both teams are set up with young talent. Only team in the NL West that isn't a good team is the Rockies.

Corbin Carroll's cooled off a little bit.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Someone stop Kevin Brown.

I'm not a big fan, mostly because I hate Joe Buck, but it's an impossible spot.  He's randomly bloviating because the Orioles didn't bother to show up tonight and he can't talk about it or he gets fired.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Kind of a harsh reminder tonight that while our team has a lot of talent, we’re still a couple years away from really matching the top few teams in terms of pure talent.

We have a great group of guys who play hard every day. It’s a good lineup from top to bottom, a solid bench, etc. 

But this team has four guys who are indisputably top 30 players of the last half-decade. And they’re all still in their primes. Plus they’ve got another dude who happens to have more WAR than any of them. 

They have some sort of bad mojo — the anti-Orioles in that sense, probably. But on the nights when Kim and Tatis and Soto and Machado and Bogaerts are all locked in and passing the baton, it’s a real tall task for our guys to keep pace with that.

Really, you get all that when a #3/#4 starter happens to totally shit the bed and has the worst start of his career?

Tonight doesnt say anything to me about our team except that one of our mid- to back- rotation starting pitchers really really sucked in this particular game.

1 minute ago, Ripken said:

I'm not a big fan, mostly because I hate Joe Buck, but it's an impossible spot.  He's randomly bloviating because the Orioles didn't bother to show up tonight and he can't talk about it or he gets fired.

He's got Ben with him, he should bring up the College World Series.