Blue Jays Series - Part 4 (O’s lead 8-2)

RavensNOsGuy

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I'm starting to think that particular poster isn't an Oriole fan at all and just comes here to troll.  Really never posts anything positive or adds anything to discussion. 

Excuse me? I’m not the one declaring that we’re going to get swept after one bad game. To me that’s negative posting. I just posted that we could have easily been 12-1 against the Blue Jays this year and that it was a total beatdown. That’s not positive enough for you? 

27 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

One thing I will say, Bichette is incredibly impressive and seems to get better every year. If Holliday can be a lefty hitting version of Bichette that would be a special player. 

Yes, Bichette is very impressive.  Is it greedy of me to want Holliday to be even more impressive?   Bichette had a .988 OPS in A/A+ at age 19, .840 in AA at age 20, and rose as high as No. 8 on BA’s prospect list. Holliday has a .979 OPS at A/A+/AA, including .959 at AA so far, all at 19.   And, he’s the No. 1 overall prospect. I probably should be more than satisfied if he has a career similar to Bichette’s, but I’m hoping he can be an even better hitter.   

Edited by Frobby

7 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Its an exciting aspect of how fast these Orioles have grown that Kremer beating Gausman and Gibson beating Berrios felt kind of routine.    Entering this year I would have expected those matchups to skew towards blowout losses due to shaky pitching.     I did expect our Bats to start handling respectably even the world's greatest pitchers as they did the past couple nights.

I forgot to add that. Add Berrios and Gausman x2 to the list of TOR SP's we've defeated (Cole, Kirby, Fried, McLanahan, Gray, Alcantara, Yu etc).

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes, Bichette is very impressive.  Is it greedy of me to want Holliday to be even more impressive?   Bichette had a .988 OPS in A/A+ at age 19, .840 in AA at age 20, and rose as high as No. 8 on BA’s prospect list. Holliday has a .979 OPS at A/A+/AA, including .959 at AA so far, all at 19.   And, he’s the No. 1 overall prospect. I probably should be more than satisfied if he has a career similar to Bichette’s, but I’m hoping he can be an even better hitter.   

I don't think greedy - its just demographics, and the big distance between #1 and #30-#40 on the talent curve.   Jackson Holliday is supposed to be a lot better than Gunnar Henderson and Bo Bichette.

Bichette's a #30-#40 high school bat hitting big, like Gunnar and I hope also Mayo and Basallo.    Those guys can become Murray and Ripken in the very best case scenario, and even a small fraction is still very helpful.  

Holliday I'm waiting to see if full grown he becomes a Chipper Jones sized dude.     Is he better than Adam Frazier today?     Westburg looks like he is making progress towards holding the 8th everyday lineup spot for October, and the 9th guy from here looks like Sigbot's favorite matchup from Frazier, Urias and Mateo.     

Tradecraft I bet Holliday's taken some live BP off Cionel Perez, John Means and Tyler Wells but any intel that can be gleaned from those results are the intellectual property of the Baltimore Orioles.     Holliday has eased up on the pressure lately, game results wise.     

Edited by Just Regular

22 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Excuse me? I’m not the one declaring that we’re going to get swept after one bad game. To me that’s negative posting. I just posted that we could have easily been 12-1 against the Blue Jays this year and that it was a total beatdown. That’s not positive enough for you? 

Whoa whoa whoa.  I wasn't talking about you.  I was referring to the person that said we were going to get swept.  Sorry for the miscommunication.