Love the 2023 season

Since1984

This year has been special for me personally as a fan for the last 3+ decades of the Baltimore Orioles! 

we are experiencing the potential of a thriving organization and hope we can all enjoy these moments. The best has yet to come and let’s enjoy this wonderful ball club! 

1984 was my first game at memorial park..1985 was an Eddie Murray grand slam with the entire crowd chanting “Eddie”. Those moments solidified my fandom and this season tops off the entire list. 

Let’s Go Orioles !

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, waroriole said:

The answer is 2012. It’s not hard at all. 

Yeah I think 2012 with the “shock” factor and how they played in Aug/Sept. they were basically .500 at the end of July and everyone expected them to fold like every other year and finish 71-91. 

This year is a different feeling for me as it is remarkable consistency and a no quit attitude. Plus feeling it could be the start of something special for a long time if things are done correctly. Even if this season doesn’t turn out as we want it at the end, who isn’t going  to be pumped as hell for 2024? Didn’t always have that feeling with the teams in 2012-2016 and it felt more like a flash in the pan.

10 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’ll entertain it for some people but I was too young to really appreciate it. Still, the answer should be 2012. We had gone 14 years with being a bad team and out of nowhere Orioles Magic reappears. 

I get that, I do.  But to go from being a National punchline in 1988 to 1989.  It was something.

Yes the recent teams were worse, record wise, than the 1988 team but ...0-21.

There was that stretch when Buck took over in 2010 to prime the pump a bit (34-23).  I think folks forget the expectations that were there for the 2011 club.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I get that, I do.  But to go from being a National punchline in 1988 to 1989.  It was something.

Yes the recent teams were worse, record wise, than the 1988 team but ...0-21.

There was that stretch when Buck took over in 2010 to prime the pump a bit (34-23).  I think folks forget the expectations that were there for the 2011 club.

There really weren't any. Everyone expected the O's to be in the cellar again despite Buck.

This is a special season. The team is for real and the talent is legit with more on the way. The strength of the team is the overall depth. 

That said looking at stats like run differential along with a lack of elite SP this team has the feel of more of a 90-92 win team than a potential 100 win team. They keep finding ways to win. 

I never thought the 89 season would be topped for me but 2012 did it. 2012 is more special to me than 2023 because it wasn’t expected. I expected this team to contend for a WC spot. We are having a much better year than I would have thought but last year set the stage. 2011 did not set the stage for 2012. 

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That just isn't accurate.

The O's went 34-21 under Buck.  The pitching looked good.

Lots of folks went into 2011 expecting to finish around .500.

Well, whatever the expectations were for 2011, the fact was they finished with 69 wins and weren't expected to come close to contending for anything in 2012.