What was our weakness last Wednesday?

Idaho_OriolesFan

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

We have a 6 man rotation….3 Good Bradish, Kremer, and Grayson Rodriguez. 3 Suspect to Bad….Gibson, Flaherty, and Irvin.

While Irvin has been pretty good 3 out of 4 the other two have pretty much stunk beyond 1 start each since the break. 

Means is coming, Roch Kubatko says Gibson isn’t going anywhere. So I’d expect one of Flaherty to be the one to go. 

Looks like they're pitching Irvin tonight... skipped over Flaherty. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Our weakness was that Kyle Gibson happened to have a terrible start and couldn't locate his pitches. He's been hit or miss since the All-Star break. He relies on good command because he doesn't have overwhelming stuff. 

Re: apathy - one thing to know about this Orioles team if you're new is that there is no apathy. That does not exist on this squad. 

Something like apathy seemed to grip Hyde for a couple of innings there. I'm sure he had a reason for leaving his starter in, the day before an off day, while the game dribbled down the drain, but I'm not seeing it. 

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Welcome to the board. Are you new to rooting for the O's? 

We currently have a six man rotation. Our top three (Kyle Bradish, Grayson Rodriguez, and Dean Kremer) are all really good and have been pitching well at least since the second half. A

fter that it gets kind of dicey. Gibson (the guy who got shelled by Chicago) just pitched so he will now rest while the rest of the rotation cycles through. After him you've got Cole Irvin, who has been decent but not great, and Jack Flaherty, who probably has the strongest track record of the three but has been pretty bad since we got him in a recent trade. 

Then the wild card is John Means, our best pitcher during the rebuild and owner of our most recent no-hitter. He hasn't pitched this year due to Tommy John surgery, but he just had a shutout start in AAA. He could come back at any time, or not, we don't really know. 

Hope this helps. 

Glad someone welcomed a new O’s fan.p annd that is a nice synopsis  of the Pitching State of the Union.Until that point everyone was just doing their thing.

Let me add my welcome. It’s not clear how much or how long you’ve been following the team, but it is, indeed, exciting times. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Idaho_OriolesFan said:

Howdy, new Orioles fan here. After demolishing the Sox the first two games (and the 1st inning of the third), what was our weakness? Not knowing much about the team yet, was it the pitcher? Has this been an issue? Was it third game apathy? Thanks for the input

GJ

Welcome to O’s Hangout! 

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Isn't it obvious that Bautista angered Dionysus with his empyrean velocity, resulting in the god smiting him?

I am more suspicious that it was Joro he upset by throwing those thunderbolts that rivaled her son, Thor's. If you saw what has happened to Noah Syndergaard recently you'd understand. Masquerading as a Norse God can get you in some serious hot water. Our only hope is that Odin can quiet her down a bit. I'll bet she's seriously pissed!

Edited by Jim'sKid26
spelling
  • Upvote 1