Friday, September 1st @Arizona Diamondbacks

Moose Milligan

Just now, Malike said:

Again, he was used in the bullpen, they were stretching him out to be a starter so his outings were shorter.

I'm not sure your point. He has been starting a while now and could go back in the pen any day. He has been stretched out and still typically doesn't go past five. Like I said I don't even disagree with the decision, I had just asked the question. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

I'm not sure your point. He has been starting a while now and could go back in the pen any day. He has been stretched out and still typically doesn't go past five. Like I said I don't even disagree with the decision, I had just asked the question. 

He was pitching out of the pen when they started using him in the rotation at the end of July he hadn't thrown more than 41 pitches in a game in a month. Hyde was asked in post-games why he was not being used later, even while he was effective, he said he hasn't been starting, and we are stretching him out. I don't know how to explain it better than that.