Alek Manoah

Rustbelt

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=894407388781292&set=a.602022814686419

Seems he did not report to AAA and is not throwing.  He seems to be having a crisis of some variety.  Should be interesting to see how this goes.  Cant say I like the guy I do not but I would rather be mashing bombs off his pitches than see him seemingly quit on his team. 

Just now, Gurgi said:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=894407388781292&set=a.602022814686419

Seems he did not report to AAA and is not throwing.  He seems to be having a crisis of some variety.  Should be interesting to see how this goes.  Cant say I like the guy I do not but I would rather be mashing bombs off his pitches than see him seemingly quit on his team. 

From what I've been reading his crisis is that he didn't like being sent down so he didn't show.

He should get on a weight loss plan and he should start his throwing routine as normal for an off season and see what happens.  No matter what I think Toronto will make him force himself back on the roster.  I wouldnt think he has a spot next year.  He likely will have to prove it again in AAA.   And how hard is that?  Tons of guys get sent down.   Grayson handled it well.   You just suck it up and show up and do what they tell you.  

https://www.thestar.com/sports/blue-jays/the-blue-jays-ace-who-disappeared-a-timeline-of-the-meteoric-rise-and-shocking-fall/article_8c0f7987-b0ac-5ac5-a3a8-c93c6de5401f.html

My favorite part of the article is this:  

June 27, 2023: Manoah allows an astonishing 11 runs across 2 2/3 innings during his first low-level start in the minors. Even though he was facing teenagers, Manoah proves he isn’t anywhere close to being ready to return by surrendering 10 hits, including a pair of home runs in the blowout loss.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Manoah seems like a guy who will probably be resurrected at some point if he can get his head screwed on straight and work on his conditioning.  But it might be a multi-year journey and I bet it’s not with Toronto.  

Agreed.  Someone will take a shot on him.

Seems his weight was a huge issue with him ballooning up to 320 pounds and Toronto was pissed about it.  I think he was 280 the year before.  

I wouldnt cut ties if I was Toronto.  Not yet.  You got to hope he matures some.  But I wouldnt make it easy for him next year.  I would force him to pitch in AAA and for at least a month and a half to prove he is back.   

It should be interesting if he reports to spring training at 280 or less.