Adam Jones retires today.

Jim'sKid26

Wish we could've seen more on the TV broadcast. 

Back in the 2010's I remember being tempted by an Os Fantasy Camp or something where you could play baseball with members from the organization past and present. I admit I day dreamed about it, but this coincided with also having new born kids... needless to say it remained in my head.

Getting to rub elbows with Jonesy was an influencing part of those moments. He was Baltimore for people.

It's good to see him.

One more Adam Jones memory...

Something about seeing him in those Friday night uniforms: Os cap, black jersey, white pants, high socks... it kind of looked like he felt like he was playing in a tuxedo. He made that look. Looked like he liked wearing it. 

I obviously have no idea. 

It just looked like he liked the way it looked, and that he might be a guy who plays better when looking his best. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bobmc said:

IMG_4901.jpeg

Nick came in for this?   That’s great.  I’d like to see the two of them inducted into the O’s Hall of Fame together.  Nick can’t really “retire as an Oriole” after six years as a fixture in Atlanta, so that’ll be his chance for the fans to say thanks.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Nick came in for this?   That’s great.  I’d like to see the two of them inducted into the O’s Hall of Fame together.  Nick can’t really “retire as an Oriole” after six years as a fixture in Atlanta, so that’ll be his chance for the fans to say thanks.

Nick caught the ceremonial first pitch, and a few other mainstays from that era were there. Darren O'Day, Chris Davis, and Wei-Yin Chen maybe most notably. Along with some less notables, like, is that Stevie Wilkerson?

You can see the pitch and Adam meeting and greeting with that group starting at around 6:40 here:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

Nick caught the ceremonial first pitch, and a few other mainstays from that era were there. Darren O'Day, Chris Davis, and Wei-Yin Chen maybe most notably. Along with some less notables, like, is that Stevie Wilkerson?

You can see the pitch and Adam meeting and greeting with that group starting at around 6:40 here:

Most notable.

image.thumb.png.1047a99f709435309492cac1662ae650.png

10 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Da boys - O Day, CD, TH, Wei Yin, Givens, etc.

IMG_4935.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1