Update Again Again: OPACY lease officially official, done and approved, for real this time

spleen1015

• Tony-OH changed the title to Update: OPACY lease "Agreed to in principle" still not signed by John Angelos
On 10/20/2023 at 8:45 PM, Sports Guy said:

Because our gov and the owner of the Orioles are con artists trying to extort as much money as they can.

There is no other reason. It’s greed.

Why is the governor “greedy”?  Would he not be fine if Angelos took the deal already offered to him and taken by Bisciotti? 

On 10/20/2023 at 8:45 PM, Sports Guy said:

Because our gov and the owner of the Orioles are con artists trying to extort as much money as they can.

There is no other reason. It’s greed.

How is the governor extorting extra money here? If he is, are you saying he is personally getting money?  I haven’t been reading everything so maybe I missed something. 

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

How is the governor extorting extra money here? If he is, are you saying he is personally getting money?  I haven’t been reading everything so maybe I missed something. 

I mean, do politics need to be explained to you?  See CoC’s post as just a quick nice way of saying things. No need for me to answer further and turn this into something Tony doesn’t want.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, do politics need to be explained to you?  See CoC’s post as just a quick nice way of saying things. No need for me to answer further and turn this into something Tony doesn’t want.

Thanks .. I understand and was just curious .  I don’t live in MD or folliow their politics.  In Virginia the optics would be seen pretty differently. 

On 10/20/2023 at 8:15 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

Why has this still not been officially signed? We are 2 months away from the lease expiration.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, Aglets said:

You'll have to ask the owner.  I'm sure he has his reasons for thinking he deserves to take more public funding.

He's waiting to announce it on MLK Day.  Then he can get indignant again when anyone questions him on why it took so long to do it "formally."

• Haha 1

In its memorandum of understanding with the Orioles, the state of Maryland has set itself up to receive less revenue from state-owned land near Camden Yards — handing potentially lucrative profits to the team.

Revenue that could reach millions of dollars annually from the development of land and real estate, including the Camden Yards warehouse, would flow to the ballclub. It would come on top of at least $600 million in public money for Oriole Park improvements already approved by the General Assembly, and would be in addition to a further state fund proposed in the memorandum.

‘Essentially gifting the land’: Economists pan land deal with Orioles; state says it will ‘reinvigorate’ Camden Yards
https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-orioles-land-lease-state-camden-yards-20231027-6ajrj3523vevrcxzecp53vd6wi-story.html

Edited by Going Underground