9/30: Norfolk Is Triple-A Champions

cboemmeljr

13 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone who read the 2023 summaries.  While this is the end of the MiLB season and the summaries, it is not the end of Orioles MiLB news.

Look for updates/summaries on the Orioles prospects playing in the Arizona Fall League starting tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your support!

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone who read the 2023 summaries.  While this is the end of the MiLB season and the summaries, it is not the end of Orioles MiLB news.

Look for updates/summaries on the Orioles prospects playing in the Arizona Fall League starting tomorrow.

Thank you for your contributions.  🙏

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 8:56 AM, cboemmeljr said:

Thank you for everything you have done all season long to help us stay connected and informed!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well, you're probably right in that they would ask for more... teams typically do just that.  What I meant to say was that proposal would be the Tigers' final ask.  I disagree that the Tigers would not be agreeable to Mayo and Povich... but understand that it's difficult to have any real idea one way or the other. My guess is Elias would not agree to that, but any deal for Skubal will hurt... a lot.
    • If we can trade Kjerstad for a legit SP do it.  If someone wanted Cowser over Kjerstad, do that instead.  Mullins is okay for now but needs to be replaced by next year Hays can stay as a 4th OF, he crushes lefties.    I hope we can sign Santa to a 3 year extension. He's great in clubhouse and a long term Oriole.    The minor league depth in the OF can be used for trades.(Fabian, Beavers, Bradfield)    If we need to use a AAA OF, Daniel Johnson is having a good year and I dont see a ton of drop off between he and Cedric. 
    • What I am saying is that all pitchers in 2024 are at risk for injury (given the rates of arm injuries in the era of baseball). I would prefer to swing big and shoot for the greatest reward, which IMO Skubal is that. Yes he can break down/wear down (as any pitcher can). But he is also probably the best SP on the market. IF he is able to stay healthy and continue to perform up to his ability, he makes us the WS favorite. Other than maybe Crochet, who does that?
    • Cowser is one of the 3 best OFers we have. He should play more than Mullins and Hays.
    • From a psychological/mental edge perspective, I like not doing anything special when facing the Yankees. You make no changes and then keep whipping them straight up. Show them they are nobody/nothing special. Let them make more out of this series and keep putting pressure on themselves. We have the mental edge over the "fragile Yankees" right now and I wouldn't want to do anything to give them any belief than anything is/has changed. I loved how they hitter Gunnar last time and we didn't react. We just beat them. And then the next day we destroyed their best starter at the time (who was being talked about as AS starter and early Cy Young candidate).  We don't need to make any special accommodations, changes, or adjustments to beat the Yankees. They are just another team on the schedule/in our way.
    • Of course.   But in particular, Cowser’s PT really hasn’t been adjusted much since mid-April, and I think it’s time to do so, though I still want him getting a reasonable amount of time.   
    • I think Baumeister finishes strong. The life on his pitches looks really good and then he will have a moment where it all falls apart. Seems like a trend with Orioles pitching prospects where they cannot stop the big inning. A walk, error, bloop and grand slam.
  • Popular Contributors