ALCS Refunds for tickets

Bruce510

24 minutes ago, Bruce510 said:

Does anyone know the process and timeline for issuing refunds since the games will obviously not be played now…

I can’t remember where I read it but I think it said refunds will be done after the postseason is completed. 

• Thanks 1

"REFUND POLICY FOR UNPLAYED GAMES

In the event that the series for which this ticket is issued concludes before the date on which the Game was scheduled to occur (“Unplayed Game”): (i) if this ticket is not a season ticket, a refund will automatically be posted to the payment card used for payment of the ticket; no credits will be issued and the ticket will have no cash value and (ii) if this ticket is a season ticket, the value of all Unplayed Games will be automatically credited toward the 2023 Season Plan Member of record for any Unplayed Games; tickets should not be returned and have no cash value."

This is all I see on their policy page,  doesn't show timing there.

edit: https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/postseason/ticket-terms

Edited by jerios55
  • Thanks 1

On October 6th, I received the refund for the AL Wild Card tickets I purchased, to the original CC I used to purchase the tickets.  I would expect for them to run the refund at some point soon.  

If you had Platinum or Black season tickets and bought the package, they used to credit your account for next year for the unplayed games.  

2 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

On October 6th, I received the refund for the AL Wild Card tickets I purchased, to the original CC I used to purchase the tickets.  I would expect for them to run the refund at some point soon.  

If you had Platinum or Black season tickets and bought the package, they used to credit your account for next year for the unplayed games.  

I just checked my Discover card account, and I have not yet received my WIld Card ticket refund, let alone my ALCS money.

Just adding another data point.

I don't remember the wording, but when I purchased mine, I think I remember reading it could take "weeks" for a refund.

With that being said, like someone else mentioned, I got my WC ticket money back on 10/6 or 10/7.  So hopefully we'll see it soon, but I wouldn't count on it.

I emailed to ask, because I just received my monthly credit card statement, and got this automated reply:

Thank you for support of Orioles baseball this season! The Orioles offices will be closed for the remainder of the week and will reopen on Monday, October 16th. Please see the information below which may answer your question and we will respond to your email next week.   

Single Game Postseason Ticket Refunds 

Tickets to any game(s) not played will be automatically refunded to the original payment method. Refunds will be processed by Wednesday, October 25th and will include any applicable per ticket fees. Please allow 3-5 business days from the time the refund is processed for it to post to your account. 

Wild Card Series ticket refunds were processed on Thursday, October 5th. Please allow until the end of this week for the refund to post to your account.    

Diamond & Black Level Member Postseason Package Updates 

Members who purchased their Postseason Package should see the information below regarding games not played based on their payment option. 

Payment Option #1 – Payment Plan with a 50% Initial Deposit (Membership Renewal Required) 

By selecting this option, you have committed to renew your Birdland Membership for 2024 at the same level, seat location, and quantity of tickets as you had in 2023. Seat relocations and upgrade options will be available during the renewal process. Any downgrade of seat location or quantity would be at the sole discretion of the Orioles. 

• The second 50% of your payment will not be charged.  
  • The value of the ticket(s) for any postseason game not played in any round will be applied to their 2024 Membership Renewal invoice based on the same seat category and quantity of seats they had in 2023, with no options to receive a refund. 

Payment Option #2 – Pay for your 2023 Postseason ticket package in full by Friday, September 15, 2023 

• The cost of the ticket(s) for any Postseason game(s) not played in any round will be applied toward your 2024 Birdland Membership. 
  • Refund requests for credit from any games not played must be submitted in writing by Friday, November 10, 2023 to members@orioles.com. 

2024 Membership Renewal 

No action is needed at this time for 2023 Birdland Members. All 2023 Birdland Members will have the opportunity to renew the same plan for the 2024 season. Additional information regarding your 2024 Birdland Membership renewal will be sent out this offseason.  

Thank you for your support of the team in 2023! We look forward to seeing you back at The Yard in 2024.  

Sincerely,

• Upvote 1