What year do you think will be the Orioles’ peak of the next five years?

Frobby

What year do you think will be the Orioles’ peak of the next five years?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which year in the next five will the Orioles have their peak team?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/23 at 20:37

The answer to this question is a bit unknowable, since it depends on many things, but I thought I’d ask anyway.  What year (in the next five) do you think the O’s will have their peak team?  Here’s a few considerations:

2024: Possibly the last season for Santander and Means.  Probable additional chances for Cowser, Kjerstad, Ortiz and Stowers.  Probable debuts for Mayo and Holliday, but maybe not full seasons.  Possible debuts for McDermott and Povich.  Rodriguez in his first full season, Gunnar season 2, Adley season 3, Bradish 2nd full season.  

2025: Santander and Means probably gone.  Possible last season for Mullins and Hays.  Possible debuts for Basallo and Beavers, maybe Bradfield towards year-end.  Likely first full seasons from Holliday and Mayo.  Grayson 2nd full year, Gunnar season 3, Adley season 4, Bradish 3rd full season.  

2026: Mullins and Hays probably gone.  Possible last season for Mountcastle and Irvin. Probable debut/full season for Bradfield. Basallo full season 1 or 2,  Mayo and Holliday full season 2, Grayson full season 3, Gunnar season 4, Adley season 5, Bradish full season 4. 

2027: Mountcastle probably gone.  Possible final season for Adley and Kremer.  Basallo full season 2 or 3, Mayo and Holliday full season 3, Grayson full season 4, Gunnar season 5, Bradish full season 5.  Probably sone debuts of players who haven’t even been drafted yet.

2028: Adley and Kremer possibly gone.  Probable final seasons for Gunnar and Bradish.  Basallo full season 3 or 4, Mayo and Holliday full season 4, Grayson full season 5.  Most debutswill be players not yet drafted.  

So what’s your best guess as to when will be our peak team?

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

2024 is setting up to be really special.  Adding Holliday.  Grayson possibly blossoming into an Ace.  Will Bautista be back in Sept?  Alot depends on if we actually add premium pieces at the deadline to put us over the top.  

I forgot about Bautista.  Another reason 2025-2026 could be special.  Especially if we get another plus back of the bullpen arm for multiple years this offseason.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Basically now until Adley hits free agency or is traded. We will have Adley, Gunnar, Holliday, plus Bradish and Grayson during that window. How they fill in other spots is tough to predict years in advance so I'd say the peak is now!

Yeah, I refrained from saying what year it would be for Kjerstad, Cowser etc. because it’s not clear if they’ll be key pieces or not.  

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Basically now until Adley hits free agency or is traded. We will have Adley, Gunnar, Holliday, plus Bradish and Grayson during that window. How they fill in other spots is tough to predict years in advance so I'd say the peak is now!

What if trading Adley makes us better?