Keegan Akin: $731,100 to $800,000
Jacob Webb: $720,000 to $1.2 million
Ramón Urías: $734,700 to $2 million
Tyler Wells: $732,400 to $2.3 million
Ryan McKenna: $725,800 to $740,000
Sam Hilliard: $750,000 to $1.1 million

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Honestly, there are a few on that list I wouldn't tender, unless I was certain I could move them.  Tate, Mateo, Akin, Urias, McKenna would all be questionable for me.

The contracts on Akin and McKenna are barely over League minimum.   Mateo and Urías, especially, can be moved at their low salaries.  Tate depends on what the doctors and Elias think are his realistic chances of being 100% again.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The contracts on Akin and McKenna are barely over League minimum.   Mateo and Urías, especially, can be moved at their low salaries.  Tate depends on what the doctors and Elias think are his realistic chances of being 100% again.

Right.  Urias has trade value.  They will tender him.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

It has less to do about $$$ for me, and more about roster flexibility.  With McKenna out of options, and have Kjerstad and Cowser ready, I'm ready for the McKenna experiment to end.  Same with Mateo and Urias, having Henderson, Ortiz, Westburg and soon to be Holiday/Mayo makes them not needed for the team going forward.  Yes, if you are 100% that you are going to move them before OD, then sure, tender them.  But otherwise don't.  With the real talented kids ready to come up, no reason to hold onto the marginally talented role guys really.  They BOTH certainly don't need to be on the team.  

The pitching I'm more on the fence about, as it's always needed.  But bad pitching is still bad pitching, and other than a small run of success, I think we know what we have in Akin, and it isn't much.  Tate...*shrug*.  

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

It has less to do about $$$ for me, and more about roster flexibility.  With McKenna out of options, and have Kjerstad and Cowser ready, I'm ready for the McKenna experiment to end.  Same with Mateo and Urias, having Henderson, Ortiz, Westburg and soon to be Holiday/Mayo makes them not needed for the team going forward.  Yes, if you are 100% that you are going to move them before OD, then sure, tender them.  But otherwise don't.  With the real talented kids ready to come up, no reason to hold onto the marginally talented role guys really.  They BOTH certainly don't need to be on the team.  

The pitching I'm more on the fence about, as it's always needed.  But bad pitching is still bad pitching, and other than a small run of success, I think we know what we have in Akin, and it isn't much.  Tate...*shrug*.  

I may be in the minority, but I kind of like McKenna as a bench guy.  He's a very good outfielder, has decent speed and is a good guy to get into the lineup against lefties.   I'm not saying I'd sign him to a long-term deal, but for less than 800K, he's not a bad guy to have on your team...at least for 1 more season.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I may be in the minority, but I kind of like McKenna as a bench guy.  He's a very good outfielder, has decent speed and is a good guy to get into the lineup against lefties.   I'm not saying I'd sign him to a long-term deal, but for less than 800K, he's not a bad guy to have on your team...at least for 1 more season.

If he had options still, then ok, maybe.  But he isn't good enough to have him clogging up the roster all year.  Plus his mental lapses drive me up the wall.  Like with Mateo and Urias, he had a role and was needed in the past, but with the youth movement he's no longer needed.  

17 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Depends on the makeup of the team.  If Hays, Mullins, Santander are everyday OF and O’Hearn/Mountcastle are on the roster there will barely be enough playing time for one of Kjerstad/Cowser.  I’d much rather have McKenna being a late inning defensive replacement once a week starter than use Cowser that way.  As for the options, we’ll figure it out when the time comes. 

11 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

If he had options still, then ok, maybe.  But he isn't good enough to have him clogging up the roster all year.  Plus his mental lapses drive me up the wall.  Like with Mateo and Urias, he had a role and was needed in the past, but with the youth movement he's no longer needed.  

I see your point, but our prospects/roster is heavy with left-handed hitters.  I agree he's not an ideal guy, but I think he fits a role on this team.  I'm thinking they will wind up moving some guys and having him as depth at a cheap price is OK.   At his salary, you could cut him and send him down to AAA if he clears waivers at very little cost. 

Just to be clear...if he's not tendered, I'm not losing sleep over it.  

16 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

What mental lapses? The guy dropped one ball. He also more than made up for that game during the course of the season.