Who is a prospect you hope isn’t traded…

Sports Guy

Pretty much any pitcher.  Among the position players, I covet Bradfield a little because he’s a true CF, and if he gets on base at a good clip in the majors, he’ll be a terror on the bases.  I’m also really interested in Liranzo.  But I’m not a prospect hugger - anyone can go in the right deal.  

McDermott. I just think we're so thin on top pitching prospects. Povich with a disappointing year and Johnson a total question mark/might end up a reliever. McDermott is close to helping now and we don't have a lot of pitching help down in AAA. 

Agree with Frobby above: non-pitcher for me is Bradfield because it's the other thinnest position in the system after pitching. 

Edited by interloper

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea DeLeon is definitely one of the Intl guys I don’t want to see moved. 

Liranzo, DeLeon, Sosa and Almeyda are 4 intl prospects that I hope aren’t throw ins in any deal.  I’m personally looking at these guys a little differently than the question I asked.

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You don't think Ortiz is our sixth best prospect?

It depends on how you want to define it. He’s certainly not in the top 6 in terms of upside. He’s #1 for me in terms of guys I would look to trade, well him or Westburg.

Either way, even at 6, I’m dealing him way before other players, especially if his value justifies that trade.

Either Westburg or Ortiz are redundant long term. One needs to go imo.

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You don't think Ortiz is our sixth best prospect?

I'm not against thinking this, but I definitely think that Ortiz has the least likely path to regular playing time on the Orioles, so we're not likely to see production on par with his prospect evaluation.

I think a lot of this has to do with the depth that we have at the position and the upside of the players we're thinking about.

Luis De Leon jumps out at me because we don't have a ton of high ceiling pitching prospects and he very well may be one of them. 

Honestly, anyone not named Holliday, Basallo and Mayo should be available in the right deal. As a 20-year old with a mid-90s bowling ball fastball and his flashes of a plus slider and usable change already, De Leon is definitely a guy I would be reluctant to part with in a trade.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I think a lot of this has to do with the depth that we have at the position and the upside of the players we're thinking about.

Luis De Leon jumps out at me because we don't have a ton of high ceiling pitching prospects and he very well may be one of them. 

Honestly, anyone not named Holliday, Basallo and Mayo should be available in the right deal. As a 20-year old with a mid-90s bowling ball fastball and his flashes of a plus slider and usable change already, De Leon is definitely a guy I would be reluctant to part with in a trade.

I can see Elias trading some intl guys if he needs to but I don’t think he trades any of the top guys. He has put too much into building that up and I think he sticks with them.

I don’t want to trade Holliday, Mayo, or Basallo.   After that it comes down to depth at that position.  Frobby makes a good point about Bradfield and pitching.   We don’t have depth there so you prefer to hang onto McDermott, Povich, and Johnson but anyone goes in the right deal.

Besides the big three I’d hate to see Liranzo or Bradfield go.

27 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Such an odd answer.(or at least an odd reasoning)

So, ranking is all that matters?  Age, upside, positional need in org, etc…that is all behind just an artificial ranking that not everyone agrees with?

Ortiz wouldn't be my answer, but can you really find it that odd when you ask "Which prospect do you hope isn't traded outside the top 5" and someone answers with the 6th, for the reason that they are the next best?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Ortiz wouldn't be my answer, but can you really find it that odd when you ask "Which prospect do you hope isn't traded outside the top 5" and someone answers with the 6th, for the reason that they are the next best?

Saying Ortiz isn’t odd. But the idea that some subjective ranking is the reason for it, is odd to me.