MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

12 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

CD-not to bust your balls-as I would someone with a Bauer agenda but he was not exonerated-he was investigated but never charged and there is a huge difference.  Prosecutors rarely bring a case unless they are sure they can win but that doesn't mean the person investigated is innocent.

MLB hires ex FBI guys that are very professional and very thorough, I'd trust them more than the DA's office in LA.  MLB suspended him based upon their finding and remember he's held to a different legal standard as a member of the MLBPA through the CBA. 

Thanks for the "busting". 😉

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

About what I expected him to say at this point. Not much else to say. Clearly whatever calculus they have that says "GOOD DEAL" has not happened yet. And clearly he has no authority/desire (whichever it is really doesn't matter) to spend basically any money that isn't absolutely necessary to maintain competitiveness (Kimbrel) or anything beyond 1 guaranteed year. 

Elias is a good GM but... damn man. It has been an extremely disappointing offseason. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Cool, now we got the guy in charge essentially saying well we won 101 so we don't actually need to do something significant to improve the team.

I told y'all in another thread that it's wildcard's world and we're all just living in it. 

But seriously, I'm not sure what else he would say right now. It's part spin, part truth, and part trade negotiation chicken-playing.