What do you want to see in Spring Training?

connja

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How could anything he does in spring training tell you if he can go 140-150 innings?

As spring training unfolds, I want to see an increase in innings pitched commensurate with the other starters, along with few reports of nagging twinges, aches, pains, blisters, etc.  If Means can make 25 or so starts during the season that would be a genuine difference-maker and don't want to see that blown out of the water before the season even begins.

If like to see Mountcastle, Hays, and Mullins show they are ready to have breakout offensive years.  This three, along with Santander, will determine if they are going to lead this team to the playoffs, or dealt to make room for the youngsters.

I would also like to see Ortiz, Kjerstad, Cowser, and Westburg show they are ready to play in the bigs, that is to say,  they can hit.   Cowser and Ortiz are fighting for their future in Baltimore.

I'll start with the first completely "normal" spring training since 2019, with all the players in camp and with their teams.   2020 we had Covid ending spring training early;  2021 spring training was played in empty parks; 2022 there was hte lockout; and last year a bunch of players were off participating in the WBC.