Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think PA gets a bad wrap because when he came into the league he spent a lot of money when the rest of the owners were crying poor and wanted to lockout the players. Then he said he wouldn’t use scab players. 

Gee I wonder why the other owners didn’t like him. 

I hate it when I go to the Devon and Blakely by my office in downtown DC and get a bad wrap. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

LOL

Nestor is such a D-bag!  He has found a way to get himself alienated by the Orioles and Ravens when that’s who he basically owes his career to.   He has no one else to blame but himself for killing his own career.  He’s basically an afterthought in Baltimore sports media now that is trying to stay relevant and failing miserably.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Obando said:

Nestor is such a D-bag!  He has found a way to get himself alienated by the Orioles and Ravens when that’s who he basically owes his career to.   He has no one else to blame but himself for killing his own career.  He’s basically an afterthought in Baltimore sports media now that is trying to stay relevant and failing miserably.

This is how I sum up Nestor, when everyone you deal with is an a-hole it's probably time to look in the mirror and acknowledge you're the one with a problem.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

33 minutes ago, Obando said:

He really has become a joke. It’s a shame because he really hustled his ass off and made a nice little career for himself. I don’t think he’s a bad guy but he does seem to think everyone should bow down and kiss his ass. 

I got really turned off when he was seemingly using his wife’s cancer as a way to promote himself and NST. I felt bad that she went through what she did and am glad she’s ok but it felt icky to me.

I'm happy for Cal.    I've long felt this was the only context he'd return in after they fired his dad.

Long ago when he was building ownerships in the minors, I heard him give quotes like he had ideas about baseball he was curious to test, but more recently I recall him giving a quote where it didn't seem to me like he had that itch to scratch as much anymore.     An actualized reality can shake things up.     

Certainly Rest as a Decision Science would be a strange bedfellow with the Iron Man.     Gunnar is about as perfect a young star you can hope to have to test with - he got 150 out of 162 in 2023.     I'd bet against any 100% months.