Who will be the next Oriole to hit 40 HRs in a season?

Yossarian

Szymborski teased in his chat last week he was reserving "ZiPS fair extension" guesses for certain youngsters as an article idea, but I know from other chat answers his system can go to End of Career forecasts*, and I'd guess right now it has Gunnar with a chance at 500 HR.

Gunnar tied for the team lead with Santander in 2023, but I think the team lead will be his alone now, and maybe even all decade if Basallo remains a catcher.

*600 HR/600 SB for Ronald Acuna was a fun one

Big Orange Machine overdrive if Kjerstad can get all the way back to this conversation.     There's a certain seniority/veteranosity, and screw covid inspiration angle where I could see Kjerstad getting to be the featured rookie Opening Day 2024.     Kjerstad was always "supposed" to be before Cowser, Mayo, etc.

3 hours ago, Winter said:

Santander this year, FG projects him at 29 ill take him for 11 more for his career high in his contract year. 

It really feels like Santander peaked offensively last season. This odds of him getting better and hitting 11 more HRs, given his player profile, seem pretty low to me. It would be different if he was a younger player who was still developing, but it feels like he is what he is at this point in his career. 

11 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Right right and Mullins. Mounty did it pre wall though. Will be impressive to whatever righty does it

Derp moment forgetting Mullins! 

Agreed on your Mounty/Wall comment.  I almost didn't post it.  Not sure we can really chalk any RHH up for a 30+ HR season in OPACY.