Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

10 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

Why should I change? He's the one who sucks. 😁

That's a great reference!

I don't think he'll be up here in essentially another month, either...unless something clicks and he just goes on a massive heater.  

If he doesn't make it back up to Baltimore for the rest of the season, I'm okay with it.

• Upvote 1

Mateo playing well as of late takes a lot of pressure off any need for a decision here.  And regardless, with Westburg, Mateo, and Urias able to shuffle around the infield, he doesn't need to be up.  Give JH room to scuffle in Norfolk as he works on his swing and bring him up when he's ready - if that's in 2025, then cool.

• Upvote 1

I hope Holliday makes it back or I could see Elias getting us a LHH 2B/3B type. Abraham Toro, Luis Rengifo, and Ryan McMahon fit the profile and will be available. Mateo is a nice story right now, but I think we want a more hitter ish LH IF. Especially with our ballpark. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

That's a bold prediction.

I'm not sure they bring him up until they are comfortable with the number of at bats he's had in AAA for the season and are fine with using him in a mostly platoon role once he is here through the end of the season.

Once he adjusts to the swing changes they are making and he goes on a heater, he will be up. 

They know they are better with him here..they just want him to be ready.  He will show that over the next month imo and will be up here.

Mateo will also start slowing down, so it will be a perfect storm.

43 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s making adjustments with his swing.  Of course he’s not hitting the same.

He will be up here before July.

He is making adjustments, but I'm not sure any of us can say when he will be back. Mateo is playing well at 2B right now and while we know that typically doesn't last with the bat, I don't think the Orioles feel a rush to bring him back up the second he starts doing well.

He could be back up by July, or he may not be back until September. It just really depends on how he's doing and the Orioles need at 2B.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He is making adjustments, but I'm not sure any of us can say when he will be back. Mateo is playing well at 2B right now and while we know that typically doesn't last with the bat, I don't think the Orioles feel a rush to bring him back up the second he starts doing well.

He could be back up by July, or he may not be back until September. It just really depends on how he's doing and the Orioles need at 2B.

Agree. I don’t think the Orioles have a set time when they think he’ll be back. I think getting past Super 2 is relevant but not required. Beyond that, he also only had 2 weeks of service earlier, so I believe he could be a September 1 callup with expanded rosters and still have rookie status next year.

But it doesn’t make sense to keep him down once they think he’s ready and if (when) Mateo cools off. That could be in a couple weeks or as late as September, we’ll just have to see. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's his top priority, however I believe Elias wants a dog in the fight each year for rookie of the year. Cowser is probably his dog this year 

If he does not have to bring holiday up, he might just hold him in AAA until next year and give him a shot at rookie of the Year again.

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

I don't think it's his top priority, however I believe Elias wants a dog in the fight each year for rookie of the year. Cowser is probably his dog this year 

If he does not have to bring holiday up, he might just hold him in AAA until next year and give him a shot at rookie of the Year again.

I think he would like a LH 2B w/ some speed on this year's roster more than he is worried about a ROY candidate for next year.

We’ll ride Mateo’s hot streak while it lasts, but I don’t think we want him in the lineup vs premium pitching in the playoffs. If Holliday isn’t ready by the deadline, I could easily see us getting a LH 2B/3B to replace Urias, with Mateo returning to more of a UTIL/Platoon role. Toro, McMahon, and Rengifo fit the bill. It sucks that LH IF is a need, but Holliday flopped and Mayo got hurt. 

18 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I see these types of sentiments a lot and I have zero idea why people think he would hurt the ML roster for something as trivial and unimportant as this.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I see these types of sentiments a lot and I have zero idea why people think he would hurt the ML roster for something as trivial and unimportant as this.

That's why I said I don't think it's his top priority. But I do think he thinks about these scenarios. 

On 5/23/2024 at 8:13 PM, OnlyOneOriole said:

LOL Believe it or not I have lived a pretty varied life.  I have no reason to lie and am not just interwebs boasting.  In fact lots of times when I hear or see people that have not lived the life that I have I often wonder.....why?  It seems normal to me. 

Because in no way shape or form do I think I am special.  In fact there are many athletes way more athletic than I am or many people who are smarter.

Grew up playing sports all day every day from the time I walked out the crib.  Mainly because of my dad.  Loved the Colts and Orioles even though I grew up in MI. 

Was a very good athlete but never 'great' in one single sport.  But could and still do play almost any sport there is very well.  All state tennis and baseball and all city bball.  (misspoke on the earlier post as far as all state bball)

Got my BA and MBA in econ from MSU and did nothing with it.  Owned and trained race horses for 20 years.  Why?  Because I love horses. 

Moved to CA 14 years ago. 

Still golf to a scratch handicap and bowl in the regional PBA tour here on the west coast.   Also lift and work out 5 days a week. 

As for a living I day trade stocks and am a public company consultant and have done that for 20 years now and then but very seriously the past 12 years or so since I moved to CA. 

It really is nothing great or special.  I mean I own a multi million dollar house, 4 nice cars, have a great wife and daughter, but other than my daughter none of it really means anything. 

Didn't you also attend Baruch College on a volleyball scholarship?  

On 5/24/2024 at 9:31 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm not going to pass judgment on the guy, but he's just a guy on the internet. If he really did all these things he can tell us who he is and there are ways of validating that. I'm a little skeptical when he says things like his Dad was a Big 10 coach who worked with Mike Schmidt, who went to Ohio U, not Big 10 school Ohio State. But maybe he ran across Schmidt somewhere else.

I think most people here know my real name from when I was a writer on the site years ago, and it would take about five minutes of Googling to verify that I, in fact, am not the King of Liechtenstein. Everyone knows I was deposed in that coup back in '13.

Your Majesty. On behalf of all true Liechtensteiners who had the privilege of living under your exalted rule, we look forward to the day when you are rightfully restored to the throne of Liechtenstein as the Once and Future King. Until that time, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors according to the law. (Also looking forward to the reinstatement of Taco Tuesdays once you're back in charge). 

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2024 at 8:13 PM, OnlyOneOriole said:

LOL Believe it or not I have lived a pretty varied life.  I have no reason to lie and am not just interwebs boasting.  In fact lots of times when I hear or see people that have not lived the life that I have I often wonder.....why?  It seems normal to me. 

Because in no way shape or form do I think I am special.  In fact there are many athletes way more athletic than I am or many people who are smarter.

Grew up playing sports all day every day from the time I walked out the crib.  Mainly because of my dad.  Loved the Colts and Orioles even though I grew up in MI. 

Was a very good athlete but never 'great' in one single sport.  But could and still do play almost any sport there is very well.  All state tennis and baseball and all city bball.  (misspoke on the earlier post as far as all state bball)

Got my BA and MBA in econ from MSU and did nothing with it.  Owned and trained race horses for 20 years.  Why?  Because I love horses. 

Moved to CA 14 years ago. 

Still golf to a scratch handicap and bowl in the regional PBA tour here on the west coast.   Also lift and work out 5 days a week. 

As for a living I day trade stocks and am a public company consultant and have done that for 20 years now and then but very seriously the past 12 years or so since I moved to CA. 

It really is nothing great or special.  I mean I own a multi million dollar house, 4 nice cars, have a great wife and daughter, but other than my daughter none of it really means anything. 

I would say your biggest accomplishment is your humility.  My list of accomplishments is shorter but I will be DH for Leichtenstein's WBC team.  For the King!

The fact that 25 of the last 40 or so posts since last Thursday ITT are about me, and not JH?

Is astounding to me.   I really live rent free and full time in so many of your minds.  Pretty comical actually.

Get a life people.  This is a Jackson Holiday thread.   Even if you have to talk about me, and I don't know why you would, but if you do can you at least try and include JH into the post?

Management would be appreciative I am sure. 

Don't talk about me and I won't talk about me.  It really is that simple.