2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Hyde must have read Buck Showalter's book "Never Trust A Rookie, Vets Are Where It's At".  😆

Seriously it's almost like he wants to see Stowers fail. He seems promising to me, but he never gets into any rhythm with the way Hyde handles him. He did the same thing with Kjerstad. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Hyde must have read Buck Showalter's book "Never Trust A Rookie, Vets Are Where It's At".  😆

Seriously it's almost like he wants to see Stowers fail. He seems promising to me, but he never gets into any rhythm with the way Hyde handles him. He did the same thing with Kjerstad. 

This is what makes me wonder how much input Elias has on the line-ups. But maybe they are trying to just show enough of him to make him valuable trade bait.

Did someone already post this, earlier this week? From Roch's blog, a quote of Hyde on his lineup strategy, vets vs youth:

“I’m trying to play everybody,” he said. “I’ve got a bunch of really good players and some guys are kind of going through some tough times right now or trying to find it that have done good things here in the past. And I’m trying to get them going, too, for a lot of different reasons - defensively or what I know they can bring to our team. But I’m also trying to give young guys a chance, to try to give them the best matchups that I can, as well, while trying to win, as well.

“Like I said last year, I have 13 guys I want to play. That makes our bench really deep. When somebody doesn’t start the game, that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to finish it. A couple situations in Chicago where it kind of set me up to have some really good pinch-hitters in some big spots when the game mattered the most and it helped us out. It’s a good team problem to have. I want to have everybody be in there every single night. I just have to try to pick my spots because I have so many good players, try to pick my spots with the right matchups for them.”

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Today's loss is on the offense not Tate.  18 baserunners and 3 runs is not going to cut it.  17 baserunners w/o the HR and 2 runs is really pathetic.

Four hits and 2 ER in 1.1 IP is acceptable?

30 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Today's loss is on the offense not Tate.  18 baserunners and 3 runs is not going to cut it.  17 baserunners w/o the HR and 2 runs is really pathetic.

He got down 3-1 on a guy trying to bunt 

Just now, DirtyBird said:

He got down 3-1 on a guy trying to bunt 

I don’t think he’s saying Tate didn’t blow it.  It’s just that 15 hits should produce a lot more than 3 runs.

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t think he’s saying Tate didn’t blow it.  It’s just that 15 hits should produce a lot more than 3 runs.

Interesting. The post read to me like “the loss is not on Tate”. Thank you for the interpretation. 

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

17 baserunners outside the HR should get at least 5 or 6 runs.  It's hard to get 17 baserunners and only score 2 runs.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Interesting. The post read to me like “the loss is not on Tate”. Thank you for the interpretation. 

You’re welcome.  Yeah, he’s saying the loss is more on the offense than Tate because we should have had 5-7 runs on the board with 15 hits.   It’s hard to get that many hits and only score 3 runs.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

17 baserunners outside the HR should get at least 5 or 6 runs.  It's hard to get 17 baserunners and only score 2 runs.

We agree.

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Tate is partly responsible but how are you going to let an offense that produces nothing with so many men on base off the hook.  The offense has to come thru sometime other than random solo HR.