2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They just didn’t execute. I’m pretty sure the lineup was similar when we faced Cortez in OPACY and we roughed him up. 

Correct. Needed to jump on him in the first inning when we had 2 on base. It was Gunnar and Santander who did not come thru.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

29 games started for McCann already is a joke. Kevin brown said that last night like we should be applauding it.

Given the lineup constructions this season good odds McCann starts the Thursday day game at catcher. There’s no way McCann should be starting two of three games against the Yankees. 

52 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

He won’t be. You do need a backup catcher to play 30% of games during the regular season and McCann won’t play next 2 games.

Well he’s started every game against a LHP this year besides the season opener and the CIN game against Lodolo. Even if he doesn’t play against a LHP, the likely DH option right now is Urias who has been well below average against LHP’s in his career. So there is still a need for another RHH bat. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They just didn’t execute. I’m pretty sure the lineup was similar when we faced Cortez in OPACY and we roughed him up. 

The only criticism of the current roster that I have is that it would be more valuable to have a RH version of Stowers. Stowers being a LHH just doesn’t give him a real role. 

Let’s also see what Mayo and Holliday bring to the table in the 2nd half. 

Mayo yes, But Holliday? I hope I'm wrong

36 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Well he’s started every game against a LHP this year besides the season opener and the CIN game against Lodolo. Even if he doesn’t play against a LHP, the likely DH option right now is Urias who has been well below average against LHP’s in his career. So there is still a need for another RHH bat. 

Or maybe let Stowers face LHP. It is not an impossible task for a LH to hit a LHP.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Or maybe let Stowers face LHP. It is not an impossible task for a LH to hit a LHP.

Would be awesome if we had anyone in the media willing to ask Hyde a real question.

why is McCann starting against every lefty despite a below water average?
why not start Stowers against a lefty when he’s had success in the minors against LHP?

59 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I think most of us would like to see that but Elias/Hyde have shown no willingness the last 2 years to play a LHH OF against a LHP besides Mullins/Cowser. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LGOrioles said:

Play Urias at 3rd and DH Westburg. 

7 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Play Urias at 3rd and DH Westburg. 

His wRC+ has been below 90 against LHP’s the last 3 seasons. Better than McCann but that’s not very good. Mayo and/or Norby would likely be better options at DH (with Westburg in the field). 

Edited by LGOrioles

6 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Going to need some guys to step up tonight. Bottoms 4 cannot be easy outs.

Sure they can. The bottom 4 of the Yankees lineup (and almost every team's) are similarly easy.

• Upvote 1