2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

36 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I would wager there are at least three guys on our bench that would be starting for the Yankees today. Maybe all four. Crazy that with guys like Rutschman, Mountie, Hays on the bench, we can field a lineup that looks this dangerous. There are a lot of contending teams that would love to have these guys  (and not just Rutschman) in their lineup every day, let alone as options off the bench. 

Os are almost certainly the deepest team in the majors when it comes to position players. 

The Yankees DH yesterday was Jahmai Jones and J.D. Davis was battling in the cleanup spot. 😬

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Yankees DH yesterday was Jahmai Jones and J.D. Davis was battling in the cleanup spot. 😬

Exactly. My point is just as much about how bad the Yankees lineup is than it is how good our bench is - though both things are true. 

And as I type this the Yanks go down 5-0 as a home sweep at the hands of the Reds looks very possible. The Yankees are a paper tiger. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Obviously they have a few very expensive players, but How do you have a payroll like the Yankees and not address depth better than that?  It’s downright malpractice. And they had to make a in season trade to even get Davis. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Without Judge (mostly) and Soto (a little less), the Yankees would be putrid. And that would even be with a healthy Cole.

Edited to add Stanton. He is still dangerous if you make a mistake to him.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

10 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Can you name a team that had the deepest pool of position players AND the deepest pool of pitchers?  Can’t have everything. It’s very easy to lose sight of what we do have when you only focus on what we don’t. 

We also have the second lowest team ERA in the majors despite significant injuries to the staff, so there’s that too. 

I understand your point about not having everything and forgetting what we do have . My question is…….do we have to stop trying to improve our farm and ML teams ?   And stay ahead of the curve ( as BeMore said ) ?

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Exactly. My point is just as much about how bad the Yankees lineup is than it is how good our bench is - though both things are true. 

And as I type this the Yanks go down 5-0 as a home sweep at the hands of the Reds looks very possible. The Yankees are a paper tiger. 

The way the Yankees are built Judge, Soto and Stanton all need to be playing and be producing for their offense to be any good. Stanton is on the IL again and now teams have more latitude to pitch around Judge and Soto. 

Let Judge or Soto hit their solo home runs because the remainder of that lineup isn’t doing anything. 

16 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

I understand your point about not having everything and forgetting what we do have . My question is…….do we have to stop trying to improve our farm and ML teams ?   And stay ahead of the curve ( as BeMore said ) ?

Did I say we should stop trying to improve? That’s ludicrous. 

20 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Obviously they have a few very expensive players, but How do you have a payroll like the Yankees and not address depth better than that?  It’s downright malpractice. And they had to make a in season trade to even get Davis. 

And they are discussing mega extension with Soto while all of this going on, fascinating I might say