Gunnar Henderson 2024

1 hour ago, oriolediehard said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/yankees_aaron_judge_names_opposing_player_he_would_want_as_a_teammate/s1_127_40614262

Yankees' Aaron Judge names opposing player he would want as a teammate: Gunnar Henderson

New York Yankees slugger Aaron Judge on Monday paid one of his American League All-Star teammates the ultimate compliment. Judge spoke to reporters before Monday’s All-Star Game at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas. The former AL MVP was asked to pick one opposing player he’d want as a teammate. Judge’s answer? Baltimore Orioles shortstop Gunnar Henderson. “Seeing what he’s doing for them — they’re in first place, doing their thing — just impressive to watch at-bat after at-bat,” said Judge. “He works his walks. He plays great defense. Hits the ball out of the ballpark. Hits for average. Great instincts on the basepaths, man. He’s a special talent, for sure.”

Poor Volpe. 

• Haha 3

On 7/15/2024 at 10:05 PM, Frobby said:

Nope.  I got tired of the event 2-3 years in.  Hitting BP fastballs long distances does nothing for me.  

I also thought the introductions were ridiculous and the rendition of the national anthem was awful.   Why we even need to play the anthem at the HR derby is beyond me.  

The good thing about Gunnar losing in the first round is that I was able to switch my TV to a nature show about rabbits.  Far more interesting.  

Tell me about the rabbits George!

• Haha 1

CBA question for those more in the know - does Arb still have that deal where if somebody is MVP or has extraordinary accomplishments they get to promote to a more elite group of comps?

I am thinking mainly of Ryan Howard here in memory.     

Juan Soto's 2021-2024 salaries look like they have gone 8.5/17/23/31 after being 5.0 WAR/650 PA in 2018-2020, and at this year's All-Star break Gunnar's first half of his pre-Arb resume is sitting at 7.3 WAR/650 PA.     It doesn't take Boras Corp's top people to figure that is about 50% more.

2025 will be the last minimum year, and the way he's playing I think he could be in 8 figures by his Arb1 2026 assuming the player and club don't find common ground between now and then.

12 hours ago, Just Regular said:

CBA question for those more in the know - does Arb still have that deal where if somebody is MVP or has extraordinary accomplishments they get to promote to a more elite group of comps?

I am thinking mainly of Ryan Howard here in memory.     

Juan Soto's 2021-2024 salaries look like they have gone 8.5/17/23/31 after being 5.0 WAR/650 PA in 2018-2020, and at this year's All-Star break Gunnar's first half of his pre-Arb resume is sitting at 7.3 WAR/650 PA.     It doesn't take Boras Corp's top people to figure that is about 50% more.

2025 will be the last minimum year, and the way he's playing I think he could be in 8 figures by his Arb1 2026 assuming the player and club don't find common ground between now and then.

It's exciting to see Gunnar compared to the greatest stars,in baseball but also a,little depressing.  I almost feel like there's a clock clicking until Gunnar is,no,longer an,O.  It seems the last time to sign Gunnar to a 'reasonable" extension was this past offseason.  At this point I think the Witt extension gets laughed at.

29 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It's exciting to see Gunnar compared to the greatest stars,in baseball but also a,little depressing.  I almost feel like there's a clock clicking until Gunnar is,no,longer an,O.  It seems the last time to sign Gunnar to a 'reasonable" extension was this past offseason.  At this point I think the Witt extension gets laughed at.

We went through it with Manny.  We can make it.  Just please don’t go to the Yankees 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hopefully Elias will do a better job with Gunnar than Duquette did with Manny.

To be honest, Duquette most likely had a lot of constraints applied by Peter Angelos.   Such as not being allowed to trade him and not willing to offer the contract to sign him.  Manny has not lived up to the contract he was eventually given by SD, certainly trending that way considering SD owes him $315M through 2033.  

6 minutes ago, Chromehill said:

To be honest, Duquette most likely had a lot of constraints applied by Peter Angelos.   Such as not being allowed to trade him and not willing to offer the contract to sign him.  Manny has not lived up to the contract he was eventually given by SD, certainly trending that way considering SD owes him $315M through 2033.  

Not true. 

The first contract was fine.

3 hours ago, Chromehill said:

He absolutely lived up to his original contract.  I am not sure if he will the extension.