Coby Mayo 2024

Tony-OH

43 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've seen enough.  When can we send him back down?

Wait, he's not approaching Holliday's first stint at-bat totals yet, is he?  When can I rightfully declare that I've run out of patience?

Holliday already had a hit and RBi by now.  I think it’s ok to go full panic, local call in show nut job already.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

You know things are super normal when people are more open to JD Freaking Davis than Coby Mayo. Mayo will be fine. Relax, folks. 

He will be fine. Will he be fine this year? There is no lock he will. 

24 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

You know things are super normal when people are more open to JD Freaking Davis than Coby Mayo. Mayo will be fine. Relax, folks. 

Wait, more people want Davis than Mayo playing 3B? Did I miss a poll or are you referring to the "X" opinion loons?

Mayo is going to be just fine and I for one would not be happy to see Davis playing 3B and Mayo in AAA unless Mayo was about to put up historically bad numbers to start his career. Even then I'd rather see Urias than Davis at 3B. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wait, more people want Davis than Mayo playing 3B? Did I miss a poll or are you referring to the "X" opinion loons?

Mayo is going to be just fine and I for one would not be happy to see Davis playing 3B and Mayo in AAA unless Mayo was about to put up historically bad numbers to start his career. Even then I'd rather see Urias than Davis at 3B. 

I don't know where JD Davis fits in, honestly.

Mayo is going to be fine, I agree.  Looking forward to seeing him get his first hit out of the way so he can hopefully relax and be a productive player for the rest of the season.  So far, I've liked his approach at the plate, he seems fairly patient.

2 hours ago, rm5678 said:

My guess is they'll give Mayo another 10 days to 2 weeks. Maybe they signed JD Davis to push Mayo to adjust quicker if he doesn't want to get sent down.

I doubt he needs pushing.  But trying harder doesn’t necessarily help in this scenario.  

39 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think Davis signing has nothing to do with Mayo and more to do with Jiminez soft tissue issues.

Also the fact that Norfolk pretty much sucks now and there's zero reason not to stash him down there for an emergency - and given recent news an emergency is probably just around the corner anyway.

3 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think Davis signing has nothing to do with Mayo and more to do with Jiminez soft tissue issues.

Haha.  Really?   Just watch.  Davis is hardly a plus defender at 3B but Mayo can’t afford too many games like tonight.   The offense is supposed to make up for the offense.   He better start doing at least one of those things better.