Orioles attendance 2024

After 40 home dates, Orioles attendance stands at 1,096,047.   That compares to 809,511 last year, an increase of 35.4%.  If the O’s kept that up all season, attendance would finish at 2.622 mm.  I have my doubts it will finish that high, only because second half attendance was extremely strong last year so I don’t think the 35.4% increase will be sustained.   Still, I’d say there’s a good shot of exceeding 2.5 mm, which would be a really nice jump.   

Attendance for the last 10 games was 332,031, which is the strongest 10 game stretch since 2019 when I started keeping track.

• Upvote 2

On 6/25/2024 at 8:49 PM, Frobby said:

After 40 home dates, Orioles attendance stands at 1,096,047.   That compares to 809,511 last year, an increase of 35.4%.  If the O’s kept that up all season, attendance would finish at 2.622 mm.  I have my doubts it will finish that high, only because second half attendance was extremely strong last year so I don’t think the 35.4% increase will be sustained.   Still, I’d say there’s a good shot of exceeding 2.5 mm, which would be a really nice jump.   

Attendance for the last 10 games was 332,031, which is the strongest 10 game stretch since 2019 when I started keeping track.

Let’s hope that all adds up to encouraging DR to SPEND 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

After 50 home dates, the Orioles' attendance is at 1,370,764.    That's a 27.9% increase over last year at the 50-game mark.  If the increase continued at that pace, attendance would be in the ballpark of 2.478 mm.   However, I think it will be just about impossible to increase the attendance for the last 31 games by 27.9%, because attendance over the last 31 games last year was quite high (27,914 per game, compared to 21,430 in the first 50 games).   The O's would have to average 35,702 the rest of the year to sustain the current 27.9% increase, and that's not going to happen.   I think a reasonable goal would be a 10% increase over the remainder of the year, which would edge them over 2.3 mm for the year.   That would be their highest attendance since 2014 (2.464 mm), but not quite to that level.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

After 50 home dates, the Orioles' attendance is at 1,370,764.    That's a 27.9% increase over last year at the 50-game mark.  If the increase continued at that pace, attendance would be in the ballpark of 2.478 mm.   However, I think it will be just about impossible to increase the attendance for the last 31 games by 27.9%, because attendance over the last 31 games last year was quite high (27,914 per game, compared to 21,430 in the first 50 games).   The O's would have to average 35,702 the rest of the year to sustain the current 27.9% increase, and that's not going to happen.   I think a reasonable goal would be a 10% increase over the remainder of the year, which would edge them over 2.3 mm for the year.   That would be their highest attendance since 2014 (2.464 mm), but not quite to that level.

Agree with all of this. They would have to go on one hell of a heater post all star break, plus some wow additions at the deadline. This trace to the expense of being so consistently bad for so long

On 7/13/2024 at 8:58 AM, Frobby said:

Frobby,  thanks for sharing positive attendance news . I do have a question . Is this current heat wave keeping some fans away from games ?  Just curious .

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Good to see that the Nats attendance is up as well.  If these numbers have any correlation to MASN viewership, it would seem to increase short term revenue via advertising contracts and long term return to the new ownership group as they look to sell or merge with Monumental.  

• 2 weeks later...

Nice attendance for the Padres this weekend, a little over 112 k.  Today’s gonna hurt, a single admission doubleheader caused by the earlier rainout.  Not many people in the ballpark right now for the opener. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Nice attendance for the Padres this weekend, a little over 112 k.  Today’s gonna hurt, a single admission doubleheader caused by the earlier rainout.  Not many people in the ballpark right now for the opener. 

I get the feeling you can't wait until the deadline is over to talk about anything else lol.