Orioles attendance 2024

Not sure where to post this but traffic was atrocious getting back home (Old Town Alexandria)

The game against walgreen Corp was 2hrs 23min and it took me as long to get back.

2 right lanes were closed off due to a massive 8 car pile up soon after getting onto the beltway.

After you got past that, later on, you were rewarded with construction on the 2 left side lines if you were continuing 95s towards New Carrolton/Oxon Hill/Alexandria.

33 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Not sure where to post this but traffic was atrocious getting back home (Old Town Alexandria)

The game against walgreen Corp was 2hrs 23min and it took me as long to get back.

2 right lanes were closed off due to a massive 8 car pile up soon after getting onto the beltway.

After you got past that, later on, you were rewarded with construction on the 2 left side lines if you were continuing 95s towards New Carrolton/Oxon Hill/Alexandria.

I went to O’s vs. Nats at Camden last year. Left at 4:00 and weren’t in our seats until after 7:00. Coming from Arlington. We had another couple bad traffic experiences and I’ve decided no more weeknight visits to Camden for me, especially cause of the early start times now. I take the Amtrak when I can. 

57 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Ugh, that’s awful.  Usually the traffic home towards the DC area isn’t bad at all.  

26,479 for the Nats last night.  The Orioles’ five biggest nonholiday weeknight crowds this year have been:

6/13 ATL 33,700

7/9 CHC 30,373

5/15 TOR 29,578

6/27 TEX 29,479

8/13 WSN 28,058

I wonder if tonight’s Boston game will crack the top 5.   

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

26,479 for the Nats last night.  The Orioles’ five biggest nonholiday weeknight crowds this year have been:

6/13 ATL 33,700

7/9 CHC 30,373

5/15 TOR 29,578

6/27 TEX 29,479

8/13 WSN 28,058

Everyone must have wanted that rope hat.  lol.  

Friday and Saturday are two good giveaways with Burnes bobblehead and Cowser milkman shirt which could be sellout for that.  

2 hours ago, KojiSplit said:

We go to 30+ games a year from the Dulles airport area and I agree that last night was much worse than usual both in leaving Baltimore and on 95 just out of Baltimore.  I was lucky in that I go West on 495 and it was moving fine once I got there.  It was also slower going up to Baltimore than usual by maybe 30 minutes.  There wasn't any single issue but heavy traffic in every one of the places where traffic might be heavy on a given day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

6/13 ATL 33,700

7/9 CHC 30,373

5/15 TOR 29,578

6/27 TEX 29,479

8/13 WSN 28,058

I thought DC was the main reason for the high attendance of the 90's? However, interesting how when we play DC (and you would think more are commuting up than when they didn't have a team) it's still not close to a sellout. Of course, that is just a side note with this being one of the highest nonholiday weeknight games. 

1 minute ago, Surhoffan17 said:

I thought DC was the main reason for the high attendance of the 90's? However, interesting how when we play DC (and you would think more are commuting up than when they didn't have a team) it's still not close to a sellout. Of course, that is just a side note with this being one of the highest nonholiday weeknight games. 

Well, it’s undoubtedly true that Orioles attendance was much higher before the Nats were in DC, and will probably never reach peak levels again no matter how long the Orioles remain contenders.   But, I do think attendance can grow by several hundred thousand in future years if the team remains in contention and makes a deep playoff run at some point.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Well, it’s undoubtedly true that Orioles attendance was much higher before the Nats were in DC, and will probably never reach peak levels again no matter how long the Orioles remain contenders.   But, I do think attendance can grow by several hundred thousand in future years if the team remains in contention and makes a deep playoff run at some point.  

Agreed, but I think there were other factors - baseball was bigger, city was a little safer, it was a novelty at least for those first few years. I think we can grow by a few hundred thousand as well. 

On 8/15/2024 at 10:20 AM, TAMC said:

We go to 30+ games a year from the Dulles airport area and I agree that last night was much worse than usual both in leaving Baltimore and on 95 just out of Baltimore.  I was lucky in that I go West on 495 and it was moving fine once I got there.  It was also slower going up to Baltimore than usual by maybe 30 minutes.  There wasn't any single issue but heavy traffic in every one of the places where traffic might be heavy on a given day.

Wow you go to 30+ a year from Dulles, salute to you and your family. I used to take my brothers 25x from Bethesda a year but yeah, that’s easily not as far as you.

The traffic on the way to Baltimore was caused by all 95N towards Philly and NY and yeah it was ugly.

Thank goodness O’s won that particular game otherwise would have mentally made the traffic that much worse.

126,011 for the four Boston games.  That’s slightly lower than I would have predicted considering that Boston is fighting for a playoff spot.  But the back half of August is usually a pretty bad attendance period.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

126,011 for the four Boston games.  That’s slightly lower than I would have predicted considering that Boston is fighting for a playoff spot.  But the back half of August is usually a pretty bad attendance period.  

A buddy of mine went last night. He said it wasn’t many Sox fans. They usually are around especially for a weekend series. Maybe they didn’t buy into their team going into year.  

12 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

A buddy of mine went last night. He said it wasn’t many Sox fans. They usually are around especially for a weekend series. Maybe they didn’t buy into their team going into year.  

Yeah it didn’t sound like it all series really.  Usually you get few chants going here and there but I only remember 1 or 2 on Friday night and that was it.  

If things continue to go from bad to worst for the Orioles and now with schools back in session and football season upon us I wonder how impactful this could cause future attendance the rest of the season. People have to be feeling really dejected right now with this team with such high hopes. 

Edited by Baseball fandom