4/3 vs. Royals

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Do we get today's game in?

NO, and I have no idea why they are trying, starting with a delay when the "heavy" rain is predicted in a couple hours. Don't see the logic in that. I know they never consider the fans in these decisions but the players shouldn't be put at harm. Hyde is crazy to have Burnes even warm up

10 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Is it possible they start around 5 or 6? Looks like there is a good window to get the game in then.  Or does that interfere with travel?

Yes, that could work. The Royals have a 2 hour 45 minute flight to KC after the game, so starting that late shouldn't interfere with that.

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

NO, and I have no idea why they are trying, starting with a delay when the "heavy" rain is predicted in a couple hours. Don't see the logic in that. I know they never consider the fans in these decisions but the players shouldn't be put at harm. Hyde is crazy to have Burnes even warm up

Would have been a good game to have a starter to not waste a Burnes start.

Not sure if we'll see this one or not, but I'm just now watching a replay of Al Leiter's breakdown of Cole Ragans, and it looks like he could mow us down.

Maybe later in the season we could skip over him or something. 

I checked, and if this game does get rained out, there's an easy make up day built into the schedule. 

Monday, September 23.  It's currently an off day for both teams, and it's right before the Royals start a series in Washington on September 24.  We play in New York on September 24, but play this one early and we can get out of town in plenty of time (our preceding series versus Detroit that runs through September 22 is at home).

It would suck to lose an off day at that point of the season, though (it's the home stretch, literally the last week of games for the season), so I'm hoping the weather clears in time to get this one in tonight. 

Edited by Morgan423

6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I checked, and if this game does get rained out, there's an easy make up day built into the schedule. 

Monday, September 23.  It's currently an off day for both teams, and it's right before the Royals start a series in Washington on September 24.

It would suck to lose an off day at that point of the season, though, so I'm hoping the weather clears in time to get this one in tonight. 

Looks like the worst of the storms & heavy rain have passed Baltimore. They've already waited 3 hours so I expect that they'll play at some point tonight. If they were going to postpone it, I think they would have already done that a long time ago.

17 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Monday, September 23.  It's currently an off day for both teams, and it's right before the Royals start a series in Washington on September 24.  We play in New York on September 24, but play this one early and we can get out of town in plenty of time (our preceding series versus Detroit that runs through September 22 is at home).

It would suck to lose an off day at that point of the season, though (it's the home stretch, literally the last week of games for the season), so I'm hoping the weather clears in time to get this one in tonight. 

And KC is off too and plays the Nats the next day so that day sets up perfectly.  They must feel like they can get this one in.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Baseball is a funny game sometimes, but you're right, we are going to battle with starters that were not even projected for the opening day rotation. Yet, here we are. Obviously anytime we have a series against the Yankees it's big, but even if we lose 2 of 3, we'd only be 2.5 games back.  The loss of Coulombe is huge and that bothers me more than the starters honestly. Perez, Akin, Baker and Tate filling key roles if Cano or Kimbrel is not available does not make me feel great. Baker threw the ball in his debut back and has been throwing well in AAA for a bit, so maybe he's a little bit of lightning in a bottle that this team needs in the pen.   
    • Count me in, but the Orioles have never really subscribed to that theory of splitting time like that. They really put an emphasis on everyday players and bench players with everyday players rarely getting days off.
    • I agree with this. I just feel like he hasn't been given a fair shot in two seasons up here. I can't see any reason that he can't start 4 games out of 7. Give Hays, Mullins, Santander and Cowser each one day off a week and let him start. 
    • This is probably obvious to many but I have not seen it talked about. With Bradish going on the IL and the recall of reliever Vespi they are now in a 5 man rotation.    Burnes, GRod, Irvin, Suarez and Povich.    And an 8 man pen. It was hoped that Kremer would join the rotation but his short 3 2/3 innings in Sunday's start at Norfolk probably means he gets another start in Norfolk on Friday.    If he does well at that point he could join the O's on June 26th.    Until then the O's are likely to continue with a 5 man rotation IMO.   Even if Kremer joins the rotation in June the O's probably go back to a 5 man rotation in July because of the number of off days in July.
    • Some may feel that way, but I'm wishing that they would have landed them both. Even before the injuries the starting pitching was going to be a little light next season... it's possibly going to be brutal now. Either way, I'm going to enjoy 24 before worrying about next season.
    • That barrel% regression is really surprising. I haven't looked into his repertoire or to see if there is some difference in how he's pitching, but that's a crazy drop off.  I wanted him and was willing to give up Westburg for him before the Burnes trade. I'm glad I'm not the Orioles GM now! lol Saying that, I do think the Orioles may have gotten a bit better out of him. Plus, out of those last seven starts, he's really only pitched poorly twice including the last game where he allowed seven runs to balloon his ERA.  With all the injuries we've head, I still wouldn't be upset with him in the rotation now. But if Suarez can keep it up and start getting through 6 more often, he's basically what we had hoped Cease would have been for us.
    • You've never really been a Stowers guy and have always put a huge emphasis on K-BB ratio. While I agree that K-BB ratio can be important, I believe you had misgivings with Mountcastle as he moved up the chain for the same reason. Stowers is always going to have a lot of miss, but he's not getting much regular playing time and pinch-hitting against relievers is not normally a time to work pitchers so I'm not surprised he's been more aggressive. I still think if Stowers was given 500 PAs he's going to hit 25-30 bombs and put up an OPS north of .780. And I think he's improved his defense enough that I would feel ok with him in LF in Camden Yards.
  • Popular Contributors