Samuel Basallo 2024

Just Regular

I see he caught his first game of the year too. So what does everyone think about the slow start?  Anyone with the milb package or that goes to games?  Elbow injury?  The cold weather?  Being 19 in AA?  Or just an ordinary slow start?

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I see he caught his first game of the year too. So what does everyone think about the slow start?  Anyone with the milb package or that goes to games?  Elbow injury?  The cold weather?  Being 19 in AA?  Or just an ordinary slow start?

Combination of all of the above probably.  And also, it's only a few games, so not going to say he's fully out of it yet.  

Just the ebbs and flows of baseball as far as I'm concerned, but I'm guessing the injury probably didn't help.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Not enough games to lose any sleep over it.  I’d go with ordinary slow start.

On 4/29/2024 at 2:03 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Gotta love the power to CF and RF. Through 98 AA PA his OPS is .742.  .661 this season.  

He's letting the ball travel more now and looks more balanced. That's the guy we saw last year. I think his lack of offseason due to the bone chips hurt his start and then he pressed a bit. 

Now the confidence is back, he's catching, and all is right in the world! ;)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

Did you read that somewhere or just speculating?

Sorry, just speculating. That looked bad. What a tough break (no pun intended) if it’s as bad as it looked.