Samuel Basallo 2024

Just Regular

2 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Seeming him struggle at the start AA, are you rethinking he might be a future star? Or still too early?

Bassallo is struggling, but he's also youngest player to start the season in the Eastern League. I think he'll be fine long term. 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/the-youngest-players-in-each-league-in-2024/

image.thumb.png.f163c5aa23acd455b3611a0025a67578.png

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Bassallo is struggling, but he's also youngest player to start the season in the Eastern League. I think he'll be fine long term. 

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/the-youngest-players-in-each-league-in-2024/

image.thumb.png.f163c5aa23acd455b3611a0025a67578.png

Maybe he needs a full year in Bowie, then a full year in Norfolk in 2025, with a possible September 2025 callup when rosters expand. 

I don’t think that’s a let down by any means. 

26 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Maybe he needs a full year in Bowie, then a full year in Norfolk in 2025, with a possible September 2025 callup when rosters expand. 

I don’t think that’s a let down by any means. 

He may need that defensively at C anyway, and with the all the other players vying for 1B/DH PA there isn’t a lot of reason to push him aggressively just to get the bat in the lineup, even if he looks capable of keeping his head above water at the MLB level offensively.  

Hopefully we get the automated strike zone this offseason or next at the latest, and that alleviates one obstacle in his development.

2-walk game last night starting out Somerset week, when he shares a field with Jasson Dominguez and Spencer Jones.

I figured sure it would be his first of the season but a Game Log check shows he had a 2-walk game in April, when his K/BB for the entire month was 22/2.    The opponent that April game must have been some kind of wild.

In May it is 15/9 as he has worked the YTD K:BB to about 3:1.