Holliday called up!

jcaponio

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The only way this makes sense if they are about to announce an extension or there’s an injury.

Westburg not playing today and not even pinch hitting (Mateo did for Kemp) makes me think that’s the issue. 

There is only one option on this list that is remotely possible and it's not the extension. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The only way this makes sense if they are about to announce an extension or there’s an injury.

Westburg not playing today and not even pinch hitting (Mateo did for Kemp) makes me think that’s the issue. 

Yeah that is concerning about Westburg. But I think it’s more likely that Elias made another head scratching roster decision. 

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If Westburg were hurt, why wouldn’t they make the move before today’s game?

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Would you believe DL Hall is the Friday 4/12 probable if they hold it for the homestand?

Or is he in Boston now getting ready for Red Sox righthanders the next two days.

Cowser completing his rookie integration today looks like it may have helped a fellow farmhand out!

He's not in Boston now, he's probably still in the shower after his game in Scranton. I bet he's in Boston for tomorrow. ;)

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

People reading way too much into this.  He looked ready in ST.  They wanted him to get a few more reps at 2B and swings against LHP while avoiding LHP in first week.  Doesn’t have to be anymore than that.  Why is that sooooo crazy?  

Why debut him in the second game of a series in Boston and after starting a series in Norfolk. They had the off day yesterday.

Too many things point to this not being planned ahead of time. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

People reading way too much into this.  He looked ready in ST.  They wanted him to get a few more reps at 2B and swings against LHP while avoiding LHP in first week.  Doesn’t have to be anymore than that.  Why is that sooooo crazy?  

Agreed. The promotion being directly tied to the service time date they needed to hit for the draft pick seemingly confirms that, barring an unknown injury. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t see any logical reason he didn’t start the season, and as has been noted, his absence arguably cost at least one win, because with him, weaker players would have been on the bench..

But it could have been worse!

So who’s getting the axe? Surely not Kemp? 

Of course it will be Kemp.