2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

5/2 O's win 7-2 vs Yankees: I didn't watch the game but it has to be Bradish, right? First start back from rehab and he goes 4.2 with 1 ER and 5 K's for the series win. 

Unless we can give one to the Yankees defense. 

5/3 3-0 win @ Reds: Nod to Adley for a big timely hit but clear game ball for Irvin. Arguably the best O's start of the year, he made it into the 7th on only 72 pitches. He pounded the zone all night and allowed zero walks (in fact hardly any 3 ball counts). Aside from Elly he no hit the rest of the Reds. 

5/4 2-1 win @CIN: John Means gets the gameball for a masterful performance. First start of the season after missing the spring and an up and down rehab, could not have gone any better. 7 IP, 3 H, 0 BB, 8 K.

Nod to Mateo for a big HR and Cano for bailing out Kimbrel, but what a performance by Means. 

5/5 O's complete sweet @CIN, 11-1: I snubbed Kremer the last time through the rotation, so Kremer gets it this time for six shutout innings. Santander's grand slam was nice but the game was already out of reach. 

• Upvote 1

5/8 7-6 (12) @ Nationals: Nobody really stands out in this game but I will go with Webb for *finally* closing the game after Kimbrel/Akin and Suarez both failed to hold leads. Webb allowed a ghost runner to score on a leadoff hit but looked dominant from there. 

There’s no one head and shoulders above the rest. Part of me wants to go with Mountcastle who hit that bomb off Hunter Harvey. 2-2 with 2 homers against his old buddy. 

I can see the case for Webb who finally put the Nats to bed though. 

I think I go Suarez here. If he doesn't get out of the 10th we don't get a Mountcastle homer. 

He did give it up in the 11th but McKenna should have thrown his man out at home. That was one of the shallowest fly balls and the play wasn't even that close.

7 minutes ago, Matty2D said:

I think I go Suarez here. If he doesn't get out of the 10th we don't get a Mountcastle homer. 

He did give it up in the 11th but McKenna should have thrown his man out at home. That was one of the shallowest fly balls and the play wasn't even that close.

I really thought about Suarez. We should have been done in the 10th and he came in and dominated. He would have been an easy choice if he could have nailed down the save in the 11th. Good point about the throw though. 

10/10/2024 4-2 win vs D-Backs: Nobody is going to agree with this but I'm going with Kimbrel. Brought into a 1 run game in a new role, he didn't pout, came in and got the job done. Got the defense off the field so the bats could extend the lead. Even got squeezed out of at least one strike.

Nice job by Mateo to single and score on Gunnar's double and the bullpen overall was solid. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

10/10/2024 4-2 win vs D-Backs: Nobody is going to agree with this but I'm going with Kimbrel. Brought into a 1 run game in a new role, he didn't pout, came in and got the job done. Got the defense off the field so the bats could extend the lead. Even got squeezed out of at least one strike.

Nice job by Mateo to single and score on Gunnar's double and the bullpen overall was solid. 

Kimbrel was a pro, I agree — but my game ball is Cano. If we are leaning toward closer by committee, it was nice to see Cano up to the challenge.

3 hours ago, Orioles West said:

Kimbrel was a pro, I agree — but my game ball is Cano. If we are leaning toward closer by committee, it was nice to see Cano up to the challenge.

Kimbrel was good, no doubt, But I'm with Irvin. Who could have possibly seen the last 4 starts coming? tonight was more of the same, Hope he keeps it up.

• Upvote 1