5/1 vs. Yankees

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

For those complaint about our offense. It’s important to understand that the Yankees have a really good pitching staff from top to bottom. 

It's important to understand - as I'm sure you're aware - that in the playoffs each year, your offense has to outperform the best pitching in the league.  

If your hitting suffers against a "really good pitching staff, top to bottom," and your aim is to make it to the promised land to end the season, you've got issues. 

3 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

I get charlie horses in my legs BAD when I eat Chipotle. It's not that I don't get enough potassium, but their insane levels of sodium push the potassium out of my system. I wake up screaming because of the pain.

I have prescription potassium packets for this, and I've only ever had to use them after eating excessively salty food. If I eat normal, I'm fine.

Used to happen to me after I pitched.  Or a 5k.  Not fun.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Was torn between 1 and 2, but chose 2 bc its better to have momentum going into the next series. That said, I can also see the argument of wanting a chance to sweep too.
    • FCL is the next step.  95% (maybe 99%) go there except super prospects like Ethan Salas.
    • Guess I try to look at the bigger picture, if you look at each series as a whole, if you are better in the +/- column at the end compared to the beginning, then it’s a W overall. We’ve been doing that a lot the last couple of seasons.
    • I guess it is probably a command and control thing, but Kopech gets lit up an awful lot.  None of his pitches are above average even though his FB velocity is well above average.  Maybe the Orioles think they can fix him, but it didn't work so great with Fujinami who has a somewhat similar profile though not as good of a K rate. Below is Kopech from this year     Fujinami from 2023
    • I would 100% agree with this.    I think unless he really changes things around by end of summer, you just leave him down in AAA and see what he can do there over an almost entire season.    Even the highlights that I have seen of him lately at Norfolk, his swing still does not look the same to me as it did last year.   He seems kind of off balance at times and trying to pull too much.   His fielding and general baseball IQ I am assuming will come around.   I still don't think he is going to be a Gunnar or a Judge type of star player, but still very good.   Meanwhile OT:  Any golf fans here?  How about my man Bryson D at the US Open?  I saw he was +2000 before the start yesterday and jumped all over that.   $400 to win gets me back $8400.   I honestly could not believe he was that high of odds.  Meanwhile Scottie S was only +270......which was crazy low.  I bet Bryson at the PGA at almost the same odds and he lost by a stroke and had the lowest losing score ever at the PGA.  Lets hope he can finish it here. 
    • If the bat develops he’s a 5 tool player.  I could get on board with it because he’s a pick you can dream on, like Brecht.   The 27% K rate and the fact that his Junior year stats and freshman stats are almost identical is a red flag for me.  He made adjustments his sophomore year (20% K rate) but couldn’t do damage.  Junior year he goes back to putting up numbers but the K rate is back to 27%.   I would hope for the best but expect what you’re seeing with Spencer Jones in AA this year. Now Brecht could blow his arm out or walk the stadium but the stuff gets raves, the mechanics look sound, and the guy is an athlete.     If not Brecht, I like taking a shot with Gillen, Lindsey, or Tyson Lewis.
  • Popular Contributors