5/7 @ Nats

Just now, Morgan423 said:

Even with the flyout, that helps a lot.  We needed someone to make this guy throw ten pitches in an at bat. 

Agreed. They have a guy in their bullpen looming now with his pitch count, so maybe that can help our hitters.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

ANother crummy offensive performance...Mayo would give this team a spark...I believe that...

I am wholly on board with a Urias DFA and a Mayo promotion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Boy,Melanie is pretty awful...I'm sorry...I root for her..but I think she's just not a good play by play announcer..Host? Yes, she's fine there...but not calling the game..

All the Kevin Brown haters where are you??

2 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

I understand (maybe incorrectly) that the idea behind managers getting tossed is that by showing his players he will fight for them, even act like a jerk for them, will promote some kind of good feeling or team spirit, not just for the balance of that game but more generally. Can't measure that, I don't think.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I understand (maybe incorrectly) that the idea behind managers getting tossed is that by showing his players he will fight for them, even act like a jerk for them, will promote some kind of good feeling or team spirit, not just for the balance of that game but more generally. Can't measure that, I don't think.

I agree with that perhaps in a season-long managerial, soft-skills sense. But I don't think getting ejected in a single game increases your chances to win said game.