FIX THE DANG BULLPEN

DocJJ

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

And many people complained about it at the time, though more liked it than didn’t.

I wasn't here for that. So let me just share my frame of mind during that period of time. I was basically just getting back into baseball and I was in full on "In Elias We Trust" mode. So I liked to see what the trade was and just get familiar with the players. But I had little opinion one way or the other. Just hopeful that it would work out for the Orioles.

I was in full fan / cheer mode.

Now with all that said, my experience from Lopez in 2023 has me not wanting him back at all, just based on performance. When you add in that he has mental problems, it's just not worth bringing him back.

16 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

A's RP Lucas Erceg was placed on the IL with a forearm issue.  If it's something serious, that will have an impact on the RP trade market.  

Forearm issues are rarely not serious. 

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I wouldn-t mind the O's trading to get DL Hall back.  He's failed as a starter over there.  Wonder if there would be interest.  He was dominant at times as a reliever here.

Thats thinking out of the box, but I kinda like that. Have some internal hope that Wells can get back, and Tate can look like he looked the other night when throwing all thosr sweepers. Perez is up and down, have little confidence in Akin in Big situations Hall would be big add.

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I wouldn-t mind the O's trading to get DL Hall back.  He's failed as a starter over there.  Wonder if there would be interest.  He was dominant at times as a reliever here.

It might be premature to say he’s failed.   He only made four starts, spraining his knee in the last one so he’s missed 5 weeks or so.  He’s made two rehab appearances and apparently tweaked his knee in the last one, so he hadn’t pitched in a week.  It’s hard to know how the Brewers will use him once he’s healthy.  I doubt they’re in any hurry to trade him away.

Brewers relievers, Dodgers 40-man excess guy Bryan Hudson has been amazing.

It wasn't as high profile as the Michael Busch deal for a million dollar arm, but Matt Arnold did give a ~500k young arm (maybe akin to Michael Forret in Elias' portfolio) to get Hudson.

The Orioles 40 hasn't gotten nearly as saturated as it is going to get, and it'll be interesting to see if Elias becomes a player in these "high-value" (except they aren't good enough for my 40 man roster) deals.

I figure Bryan Hudson against the Dodgers in the NL playoffs may be a magnified Bryan Baker being all fired up to face Toronto scenario.    I believe DL Hall is still top tier to Milwaukee plans for October 2024 if they can get his knee right.    I bet he'll face Shohei and Freddie most close games if they have a series.

If I was commissioner for a day, I'd be tempted to reinstate the old school World Series rules alternating season by season with the current format.    Keep hope alive for mediocre clubs in even numbered years only...next year make the best try hard longer.     I want to see if LAD/ATL/PHI can win 120 games if they have to.

1 minute ago, TommyPickles said:

I'd love to see the O's resign Jorge Lopez

I'd certainly take him over Thyago, at least temporarily for a series or two, then keep the bullpen churn going. Going to need a lot of arms in this 30-game stretch. 

With an off day on Thursday we used all of our top three yesterday plus 1 inning of Perez and Webb for an out. Hopefully today is a blowout or we will need to see some back to backs. We need innings from Bradish regardless.

10 hours ago, G54377 said:

Given his success here and perhaps lack of strong interest elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Lopez would be OK with a minor league deal here.

Lopez has a guaranteed major league contract.  He might agree to go to the minors for a short time, like 2 weeks or less.  Why should he go to the minors when the O's have Vieira on the ML roster that can't get anyone out?