Saturday afternoon May 25: Orioles at White Sox

SteveA

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

I think what puts pressure on all of us right now is the Yankees look like a juggernaut. Feels like everything is going right for them somehow, even with Cole going down. We can’t just cruise to division title. 

No team is ever as good as they look when they're scorching or as bad as they look when their slumping. It evens out over the course of the year.

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yeah, the people I ignore do this in every thread, not just the game thread. My quality of life is much better when I'm not listening to the same petulant children whining in every thread on the board.

Is the game thread 3 pages long?

1 minute ago, Malike said:

They've scored 14 runs in two days. They need bullpen help, they will get it. Other than SD trading for Arraez, what teams have made significant moves in May to help bolster the roster? MIL is 8 games over .500 and has the Cubs on their tail, they aren't making moves. The Cubs are 2.5 games back and they aren't making moves. 

I think that’s a different argument. You’re saying other teams aren’t making moves.

So? They aren’t us, so true or not, how is that relevant?

Im suggesting that the Oriole decision makers either didn’t anticipate these problems, or they did, but aren’t making adjustments. Some adjustments, like sitting Mullins and Santander, cost nothing. 
Im unaware of possible negative repercussions from such a move, although if Hyde told Mullins he’s gonna sit for a few days, I doubt Mullins would be surprised or offended.

So I don’t pretend to be a Baseball God, but it is obvious that adjustments need to be made, and they aren’t.

23 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Leaving in Akin with the bases juiced knowing he’s awful with runners on and has been terrible lately in addition to him being responsible for all 3 on base while facing the next 2 best hitters in their lineup? Seems poor.

I mean Akin is the one who put the runners on.  It was obvious this was going to be a bullpen game and Hyde is going to have to use pitchers for an inning or more out of necessity.  I have never considered Akin a high leverage guy.  He should be a low leverage guy who pitches multiple innings.  I guess in a way, he's a left handed Baumann.  That some people consider him our best reliever says everything about our bullpen.  A bunch of mediocre arms who have their moments.