Who will be All Stars?

Who will be All Stars? Multiple Choices  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be All Stars? - Multiple Choices

2 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I added one long shot. Suppose Kimbrel goes on a little streak in the next 6 weeks and goes 10/10 in save opportunities. Would he be selected?

Honestly, Kimbrel could blow one and go 9/10 and 75% chance he makes it. 

Also, Mateo probably isn’t listed at 2B on the ballot, but right now he’s only behind Semien and Altuve in WAR for 2B. Basically tied with Rengifo and Gimenez. 

Posted (edited)

Still more than a month before these decisions will be made, so it’s hard to say.   Adley, Gunnar and Burnes already have the rep, so their odds are very good unless they absolutely crap the bed in June.  Westburg is unknown to most of the baseball world, so he will need to keep raking in the next 5 weeks to have a shot.  I don’t think anyone else has much of a shot.

Edited by Frobby

I don't know, it's too early to tell as we are still in May. Adley, Gunnar, and Burnes are most likely. All 3 are close to locks. Well Gunnar is a lock at this point and the other 2 would have to (unlikely) struggle immensely in order not to make the team.

Maybe Bradish makes it? If he keeps pitching like he has been he has a great chance. Maybe Westburg makes it? Though he has cooled down, he would most likely have to hit back up. 

Those are probably the 5 though, with an outside chance for Cowser if he hits back up and goes on an April surge in June.

I would guess Gunnar, Adley, and Burnes are near locks, Kimbrel a strong maybe. 

Westburg deserves it but will probably be snubbed. Bradish could make things interesting if he puts together a string like yesterday.

Posted (edited)

The only surprise I added was Westburg. I really think he deserves a spot. I’m not sure what the third base competition is, though

Meanwhile, the competition between Witt and Gunnar will be fierce. Seager is having a down year, but he also has a ring so he may win whether he deserves it or not

Edited by Philip

20 minutes ago, Philip said:

The only surprise I added was Westburg. I really think he deserves a spot. I’m not sure what the third base competition is, though

Meanwhile, the competition between Witt and Gunnar will be fierce. Seager is having a down year, but he also has a ring so he may win whether he deserves it or not

Jose Rameriez or Devers who will most likely be the starter 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oriole said:

I did the obvious three plus Bradish and Westburg because why not? 

Bradish is all star quality, but the fact that he missed all of April and had limited innings in May will hurt his chances significantly.   

I took the obvious top 3 and then added Kimbrel.  

They took 5 closers last year along with Cano so I think it will be pretty similar roster construction. Kimbrel is 3rd in saves right now in American League. So  that  gives you Clase, Holmes who are 1 and 2.  Mason Miller is A’s rep so he is 3rd closer.  Then you have Kimbrel and Munoz as the next level.  Then McArthur and Jansen close behind.  I think 2 or 3 of those 4 go as well.