The Future of Camden Yards (Potential Renovations from Team Survey)

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If all goes according to plan I can retire in 2033. I'll need something productive to do then...

Not necessarily.  I’m retired, and this is about the most productive thing I’m doing.  😎

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not necessarily.  I’m retired, and this is about the most productive thing I’m doing.  😎

Let me rephrase. I would like something productive to do in my retirement! I could never match @bobmc's shooting his age in golf, so I'll need something else.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I went through it and did it.  Lots of good ideas but lots of very pricey ideas.

That was my first thought, a lot of ideas on how to separate fans from quite a bit of their money. I'm old enough and far enough along in my career that I'm not eating Ramen all the time, but the odds of me doing any of these proposed concepts are slim just based on price.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

That was my first thought, a lot of ideas on how to separate fans from quite a bit of their money. I'm old enough and far enough along in my career that I'm not eating Ramen all the time, but the odds of me doing any of these proposed concepts are slim just based on price.

I kept saying they should be offered on a single ticket basis.  There are some I could see doing every once in a while. But not a full season.

Im very much interested in the museum though. 

• Upvote 1

Same thoughts regarding the pricing.  One day, I could see us treating another couple to one of those special sections, but certainly not on the regular.  I love my regular seats (Sec 55) and wouldn't want to move.

There are several opportunities on the survey to write in "other" thoughts.  I used those spaces for "better sound, better scoreboard/jumbotron."  And, in the F&B section I said, "more beer choices, and do we really have to have the most expensive beer in MLB?"

I like the idea of field level outfield section built in the wall, but I'd hate to see the grounds crew dugout gone, but that's where it probably makes most sense, unless it could be built under the flag court or Walltimore. 

Btw, this is as good a place as any to repost my idea for moving the scoreboard / Jumbotron so the historic Camden Station could be seen. By doing so, the centerfield rooftop bar could be almost tripled in size in my drawing. I don't care if the scoreboard blocks the view of the freeloaders on the balcony of the Hilton. I still have my grudge based on it blocking the Bromo Tower. This is my graphic of how it would look. Note the auxiliary scoreboard behind the seats in the right field corner. 

OojQw0R.png

And for good measure, redesign the top of the scoreboard to incorporate the Key Bridge into the design since The Sun logo is gone. 

quNcCFA.jpg

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I like the idea of field level outfield section built in the wall, but I'd hate to see the grounds crew dugout gone, but that's where it probably makes most sense, unless it could be built under the flag court or Walltimore. 

Btw, this is as good a place as any to repost my idea for moving the scoreboard / Jumbotron so the historic Camden Station could be seen. By doing so, the centerfield rooftop bar could be almost tripled in size in my drawing. I don't care if the scoreboard blocks the view of the freeloaders on the balcony of the Hilton. I still have my grudge based on it blocking the Bromo Tower. This is my graphic of how it would look. Note the auxiliary scoreboard behind the seats in the right field corner. 

OojQw0R.png

I like the idea but I think Elias would probably balk at making it even easier to hit home runs to RF. But maybe not!

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If all goes according to plan I can retire in 2033. I'll need something productive to do then...

We've never met, but I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to see you doing something like curating a pre-1954 Baltimore baseball museum.  Or something where you can talk about the Federal League at length or something.  That'd be awesome.

18 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

OojQw0R.png

And for good measure, redesign the top of the scoreboard to incorporate the Key Bridge into the design since The Sun logo is gone. 

quNcCFA.jpg

I like your idea.  Can see more of the Warehouse and since they blocked the Bromo Tower...makes sense.  I hate that they did that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

I like the idea but I think Elias would probably balk at making it even easier to hit home runs to RF. But maybe not!

I had assumed making a field level area in RF would be like a basement to the flag court, not a lowering of the RF fence. Just a cut out at the bottom of the out of town scoreboard. 

42 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We've never met, but I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to see you doing something like curating a pre-1954 Baltimore baseball museum.  Or something where you can talk about the Federal League at length or something.  That'd be awesome.

Ah, how quickly you forget. You were at the September 12, 2012 Hangout night, where Manny didn't throw it away and Nate McLouth walked it off with the ball off the RF wall, weren't you? So was I...

But I appreciate the sentiment. I would love to talk to some fellow weirdos about Jack Bentley and the 1922 Orioles.

43 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I had assumed making a field level area in RF would be like a basement to the flag court, not a lowering of the RF fence. Just a cut out at the bottom of the out of town scoreboard. 

They could have a cutout in the RF wall, and if the ball goes in there it's a homer. But if it's 10' higher it's off the wall and in play!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChipTait said:

Same thoughts regarding the pricing.  One day, I could see us treating another couple to one of those special sections, but certainly not on the regular.  I love my regular seats (Sec 55) and wouldn't want to move.

There are several opportunities on the survey to write in "other" thoughts.  I used those spaces for "better sound, better scoreboard/jumbotron."  And, in the F&B section I said, "more beer choices, and do we really have to have the most expensive beer in MLB?"

I agree, very pricey. They are things that folks can do once or twice a year. 

4 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

When my family went to the weekend series against the Reds in Cincinnati in 2022, the highlight for me was the Reds Museum. An Orioles Museum would be an amazing addition to Camden Yards.

I didn't get to see that when I was in Cincy. I did visit the Royals Museum and HOF (which is on the OF concourse) when I was out there. It was very well done and I would love to see the O's do something like that.