The 2024 Trade Deadline

5 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Bleacher report has some possible O's trades, blockbuster trades. Getting Scherzer 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10126344-8-outrageous-trades-to-shake-up-the-2024-mlb-trade-deadline

Trigger Warning: They’re suggesting trading Felix Bautista for half a season of Scherzer and some nobody prospect. May cause momentary blackouts and unexplained holes in your wall.

They then redeem themselves somewhat with a very light offer for Mason Miller (Norby, Beavers, Seth Johnson) — which I would absolutely do without blinking. 

But if you can get that deal, you obviously just keep both Miller and Bautista in the fold. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Paul in Virginia said:

You should read the proposed O's trade they followed up the Scherzer-Bautista one with.

You’re referring to Norby/Beavers/S Johnson for Miller?  I’d probably do that one. 

Of course later they propose subbing in Mayo or Basallo for Norby if needed, now THAT would be ridiculous. But if the first package worked, I’d probably take a chance that Miller’s arm stays attached to his body for that. 

I'd absolutely do Norby Beavers and S Johnson for Miller. Even if he eventually gets hurt, chances are we are getting at least 4 elite+ bullpen years out of him. Pairing him with Felix for the next three years really gives us a unique advantage at the end of games. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, G54377 said:

I'd absolutely do Norby Beavers and S Johnson for Miller. Even if he eventually gets hurt, chances are we are getting at least 4 elite+ bullpen years out of him. Pairing him with Felix for the next three years really gives us a unique advantage at the end of games. 

Assuming Felix comes back and performs like he did pre-injury, which would be a poor assumption.

Just now, G54377 said:

Ok... well all the more reason to add Miller to the club.

Sure, if you are willing to give up Mayo/Basallo+. There is zero chance of the Bleacher Report trade being a thing. That site is like a fan site where anyone can make an "article" and publish it.

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Sure, if you are willing to give up Mayo/Basallo+. There is zero chance of the Bleacher Report trade being a thing. That site is like a fan site where anyone can make an "article" and publish it.

Bro I literally said Bleacher Report is useless in this very thread like an hour ago lol. That trade wouldn't happen, but I would absolutely do it. Everyone should. No question. Why do you constantly pick out parts of posts just to create arguments all the time?

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Trigger Warning: They’re suggesting trading Felix Bautista for half a season of Scherzer and some nobody prospect. May cause momentary blackouts and unexplained holes in your wall.

They then redeem themselves somewhat with a very light offer for Mason Miller (Norby, Beavers, Seth Johnson) — which I would absolutely do without blinking. 

But if you can get that deal, you obviously just keep both Miller and Bautista in the fold. 

I would make the Mason Miller trade in a heartbeat. I have my doubts the A's would go for it with that specific package of players.

And no matter what bad trade proposals you read on OH nothing will beat that Scherzer for Felix Bautista trade. (Besides Mayo/Kjerstad for Mason Miller.)

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s