The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think we get a RHH. Who goes off the current roster for him?

13 position players

2 C - Adley, McCann

2 1B/DH - Mounty, O’Hearn

4 IF - Gunnar, Westburg, Urias, Holliday/Mayo

5 OF - Santa, Cowser, Kjerstad, Mullins, Pache 

Pache

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Keep in mind that Stowers would’ve been our #4 prospect if he had been eligible. He was slightly over the AB disqualification.  

what?

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Keep in mind that Stowers would’ve been our #4 prospect if he had been eligible. He was slightly over the AB disqualification.  

Stowers would not have been our #4 prospect.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think we get a RHH. Who goes off the current roster for him?

13 position players

2 C - Adley, McCann

2 1B/DH - Mounty, O’Hearn

4 IF - Gunnar, Westburg, Urias, Holliday/Mayo

5 OF - Santa, Cowser, Kjerstad, Mullins, Pache 

Vavra is up not Holliday/Mayo

I think one of Holliday/Mayo comes up tonight for Norby.  The other one comes up on 9/1. McDermott can come up on 9/1 as a reliever. 

Who on the market has the arm McDermott might have as a reliever?  Even if so, is the price worth it?

We could probably trade Pache straight up for Pillar if we wanted, but Pache is a CF platoon for next year as well. Career .698 OPS vs LHP and still kinda young. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think one of Holliday/Mayo comes up tonight for Norby.  The other one comes up on 9/1. McDermott can come up on 9/1 as a reliever. 

Who on the market has the arm McDermott might have as a reliever?  Even if so, is the price worth it?

We could probably trade Pache straight up for Pillar if we wanted, but Pache is a CF platoon for next year as well. Career .698 OPS vs LHP and still kinda young. 

Vavra has already been called up. 

10 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

I must be in the minority of not wanting to get Scott back.  He walks too many guys for my taste - not what I would want in a high leverage reliever.  His FIP is a full two runs higher than his ERA.  

I think if you’re buying him with the hope that he’ll be the 0.47 ERA pitcher he’s been over the last 3+ months, you’ll probably be disappointed.

But if you’re a bit more conservative and just hope that he’d be the best relief pitcher on either side in most playoff series, then perhaps there’s a better chance of him delivering on that.

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I bet it's going to be a shockingly steep price. The market has been crazy since last night.

All the other team's are idiots and willing to "overpay". But we are smart and content to stay the same.

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I believe what is becoming clear is that Elias had nothing to do with the Cole, Verlander, or Grienke acquisitions for HOU when they were winning championships with those guys.

Maybe, but I think is clearer is that pitching costs a lot more than it used to because more teams can get into the playoffs.  More demand than supply than even a year or two ago.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

All the other team's are idiots and willing to "overpay". But we are smart and content to stay the same.

We have completely overhauled our rotation, and moved Suarez to the pen. We added Seranthony Dominguez who has better stuff than most of our pen. And there are still 2 hours before the deadline. How did we stay the same?