Sunday 6/2/2024 - Os vs Tampa Bay Rays

justD

14 minutes ago, accinfo said:

They aren’t losing this game because Vieira is on this roster.   

They are playing a game handicapped if they use all their releif pitchers up in 2 games but can't trust one of their pitchers to even put him in a game.  It makes the burden on the other pitchers that much heavier. 

Essentially you're operating at 1 less pitcher than your opponent in the series. It is a disadvantage having one less roster spot than your opponent.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I didn't get a god look. Should Urias have been sent on Adley's single?

He was hit on the foot when he got on base and is slow anyway.  I think it was the right call by the third base coach.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

They are playing a game handicapped if they use all their releif pitchers up in 2 games but can't trust one of their pitchers to even put him in a game.  It makes the burden on the other pitchers that much heavier. 

Essentially you're operating at 1 less pitcher than your opponent in the series. It is a disadvantage having one less roster spot than your opponent.

Yes if they ran out of pitchers before they gave up the lead I would say that was true.  That isn’t what happened.