Aron Estrada 2024

Frobby

OK, I think Estrada has done enough the last five weeks or so to be thread-worthy.  Tonight, he was 3 fur 4 with a double and a homer.  His slash line is now .264/.326/.385.  All four of his home runs have come in the last 8 games.  After a .414 OPS in April he posted an .864 in May.   June is off to a good start!  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Any 19 year old SS with 800+ career OPS should have all our attention.

I'm not sure he's really a SS.  This year he's played 2B, SS, 3B, LF and even a few games in CF.  Not sure if that means he's versatile or they haven't been able to find a position for him yet.

But that 2022 DSL season was a monster season for a 17 year old.  Then last year he got hurt and never really seemed to get going.  

26 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I'm not sure he's really a SS.  This year he's played 2B, SS, 3B, LF and even a few games in CF.  Not sure if that means he's versatile or they haven't been able to find a position for him yet.

But that 2022 DSL season was a monster season for a 17 year old.  Then last year he got hurt and never really seemed to get going.  

Maybe not a SS but even there he’s gotten better.  5 errors at SS in April and 0 errors in 11 games in May.   

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

He may not be big but he’s strong enough.  He hits homers from the left side.  He hits homers from the right side.  He can even go oppo from either side.  If you hit we will find you a position.

Holy bat speed!!! I’m a fan. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s kind of hard to believe that he was so bad in April (.415 OPS).  You almost wonder if he was dealing with a physical issue.   

Delmarva team OPS by month:

April - .557

May - .670

June - .713

Certainly could just be (and probably is) some amount of random variation going on there but early in the year I speculated that with the large amount of Latin players on the team we might expect improvement as the weather warms.  Playing baseball in the cold takes some getting used to.  I've always said I love baseball and I love colder weather but the two do not mix.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

It would be nice to get updates on their height & weight.  Even if it’s just once a year.  He looks like a strong kid.  Still has a few more years to grow. 

He is listed, I think at 5’8 142.  I’m guessing he’s about 5’9 and about 170-180.  He’s always been described as athletic.