Sunday 6/9 @ Tampa Bay

86this

Whenever I see a collision or near-collision at first base, my mind goes immediately to the 2005 play in which BRob, covering first on a bunt, injured his elbow and forearm forearm while reaching for the throw. I usually sit on the 3B (visitors') side or in the outfield at Yankee Stadium, but that night I was on the 1B side, maybe 75 feet from the collision. It was like watching a car accident unfold, in slow motion, as the two parties to the collision -- one far more fragile than the other -- rushed toward each other.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

those are not our elite witches for the Atlanta series..but they are trying to be smart  in extending the rotation,,,

And the Atlanta series is less important than the Yankee series the next week, or even these two series in Toronto and Tampa

12 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

He had 4 K’s last start

Well, glad I qualified it. He had 10 the start before. The point was he does have an out pitch and it’s the CH. That’s anecdotal, but from a scouting standpoint when he’s on with the CH (his best pitch in my opinion) he will have higher SO. 

Although, today I’m sure Arozarena would tell you the slider is pretty nasty as an out pitch.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

those are not our elite witches for the Atlanta series..but they are trying to be smart  in extending the rotation,,,

Well if we had 5 or 6 starting pitchers as good as Grayson, Bradish, and Burnes we would be winning at about a 800 pace.  

At what point do people start rooting for a hit or a walk so Hyde doesn’t have to make a really hard decision on GRod that he could get wrong.?  GRod’s health is more important than any accolades. 

Just now, baltfan said:

At what point do people start rooting for a hit or a walk so Hyde doesn’t have to make a really hard decision on GRod that he could get wrong.?  GRod’s health is more important than any accolades. 

Hyde has shown he's not afraid to pull a guy from a No-Hitter.