O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

The pitching matchups will be interesting. Neither team has anyone listed. The off day provides a chance to mix things up. 

Only certainty for Orioles is we know Burnes and Stroman won’t be pitching. Rodon could go for Yanks because he threw yesterday like Grayson. 

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The pitching matchups will be interesting. Neither team has anyone listed. The off day provides a chance to mix things up. 

Only certainty for Orioles is we know Burnes and Stroman won’t be pitching. Rodon could go for Yanks because he threw yesterday like Grayson. 

Rondon certainly didn’t throw like Grayson

56 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Not really. We’ve been able to be productive vs good pitchers, and be crap against bad ones.

Without doing any research this has been a feeling I have had too.    It is almost like the bats are trained for world class competition but when .475 clubs throw today's Joe Saunderses it can mess up the calibration.

Throwing Cody Bradford and Andrew Heaney against the Orioles lineup probably isn't a sustainable October strategy.

The hitting pitching balance Elias has kept so far, I agree it is more on Gunnar and Adley to lead the group beating the world's best pitchers.

I hope Gunnar gets a Strahm rematch today after yesterday's first ball hack.    If the World Series is 7 close games, Gunnar probably sees Strahm 4-5 times.

Every time I see Nestor Cortes I think,”Damn, we sent him back.”

The man responsible for that should have been fired…and was! The worst team in modern history couldn’t make room for a promising Rule 5 guy. Grrrrr

edit: I just checked his Oriole stats. They…were not good. REALLY not good. But still…

Edited by Philip

Both teams are still listing TBA for starters so nothing official. As someone above said the only certainty is that Stroman and Burnes aren't pitching. I can't believe Hyde would go into this series pitching Irvin, Suarez, and Povich. I've been screaming for 2 weeks that adjustments should have been made to the rotation to better line up our best in this series. While it's been great to see the pitching match ups vs the Phillies, those games are of much less importance. So now, with Bradish down, it's almost a certainty those will be the 3 Hyde starts in this series. Hope the offense is ready to score a lot.

And is it confirmed Cole is back this week? I thought he had at least one more rehab start?

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Both teams are still listing TBA for starters so nothing official. As someone above said the only certainty is that Stroman and Burnes aren't pitching. I can't believe Hyde would go into this series pitching Irvin, Suarez, and Povich. I've been screaming for 2 weeks that adjustments should have been made to the rotation to better line up our best in this series. While it's been great to see the pitching match ups vs the Phillies, those games are of much less importance. So now, with Bradish down, it's almost a certainty those will be the 3 Hyde starts in this series. Hope the offense is ready to score a lot.

And is it confirmed Cole is back this week? I thought he had at least one more rehab start?

He threw his final rehab start, it was always the plan if he was healthy to come back for the O's series.

Just now, dtk9119 said:

Well scratch that -- just saw a tweet from Roch that Suarez, Povich, and Irvin going. Skanks are listing Cortes, TBA, and Gil. Is TBA meant for Cole? We are completely overmatched pitching wise in this series. Hoping for at least one win.

I’m sure this will fall on deaf ears, but we really shouldn’t overhype this series. Sure it’s important, as any division series is. But the season isn’t over if we sweep or get swept, and doing backflips to rearrange the rotation, pitching Grayson on shorter rest than you otherwise would, etc, for any series in June would be a mistake. And I’m sure Hyde won’t do that. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I’m sure this will fall on deaf ears, but we really shouldn’t overhype this series. Sure it’s important, as any division series is. But the season isn’t over if we sweep or get swept, and doing backflips to rearrange the rotation, pitching Grayson on shorter rest than you otherwise would, etc, for any series in June would be a mistake. And I’m sure Hyde won’t do that. 

This is correct, people will act like the outcome of this series is going to determine the fate of the division or whatever and that's silly.

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Well scratch that -- just saw a tweet from Roch that Suarez, Povich, and Irvin going. Skanks are listing Cortes, TBA, and Gil. Is TBA meant for Cole? We are completely overmatched pitching wise in this series. Hoping for at least one win.

Where do you see Gil?  ESPN has Cortes.  I would much rather the O's face Cortes although he has handled the O's well than "Cy Younger" Gil.