O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Quick someone wake up @Bemorewins and let him know that the Orioles might be able to compete with the best teams after all. 

Umm... I never said that they couldn't. I expect them to!

What I said was my concern is #3 starter in the playoffs and the backend of our bullpen being good enough to win a World Series.

• Upvote 1

2 out of 3 with a rotation of Suarez, Povich, and Irvin. Love the justice after they threw at Gunnar yesterday. Coming off four game sweep of Tampa and series wins vs ATL and Philly, I'd say we are playing at a high level.

5 minutes ago, frankwhite said:

But the Yankees aren't the same team we played before.  Some O's fans still living in the past, thinking we're just inferior to the great Yankees. Yankees have to worry about us now. Great win! 

The Yankees are a great team (one of the best in MLB). We are just better!

3 minutes ago, frankwhite said:

But the Yankees aren't the same team we played before.  Some O's fans still living in the past, thinking we're just inferior to the great Yankees. Yankees have to worry about us now. Great win! 

Yes, the O's made a statement, but the Yankees are a good team.  The O's were fearsome today, but our starting pitching did anything but dominate this series.  Way too many walks, more than I've seen any team give the Yankees and not pay dearly for it.  The next series could be very different, especially if we don't get some pitching help pretty soon.

I posted somewhere on this board that I would be surprised if the O's didn't take 2 out of 3 at least. It's time we start expecting this. Best offense in MLB by a good margin. But they need to get pitching help.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Umm... I never said that they couldn't. I expect them to!

What I said was my concern is #3 starter in the playoffs and the backend of our bullpen being good enough to win a World Series.

So what team in the NL is better than the MFY in NY?

I mean 2-3 vs Atlanta, Philly and the Yanks. I guess you think the O’s can’t compete with the Cardinals in the WS?

Edited by foxfield

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Boone blaming it on Gil tipping pitches. The Great Todd Frazier concurs.

Seriously?  That's hilarious.  I guess their entire bullpen and the starting catcher were also?

2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Seriously?  That's hilarious.  I guess their entire bullpen and the starting catcher were also?

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with him throwing 29 innings since 2022 and now he's up over 80 coming back from injury. Who would have thought that his arm might fatigue?