All Star Voting 2024

spleen1015

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I hope Adley beats out Perez. I believe this is where he lost to Heim last year. Mounty and Westburg will likely lose heads up. 

Yes that is what happened last year to Adley.  I hope it is not a repeat even though this is someone from the Royals not Rangers where they stuff the ballot boxes and beat him out. Or the Yankees fans who think we are so evil vote for anyone going head to head against us. 

26 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I hope Adley beats out Perez. I believe this is where he lost to Heim last year. Mounty and Westburg will likely lose heads up. 

Honestly with the heater Vlad is on he's the stronger candidate.  A week ago I would have said otherwise but that's where we are today.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Good.

I don't care for it when any team's fanbase stuffs the ballot.

Glad the O's fans didn't become those fans.

Santander was close.  Missed by 2% but Kwan and Soto deserve it over him.

Didnt see how close anyone else was but I don’t think it was close in the end elsewhere.

Mounty had a case about 3 weeks ago or so but Vlad has been on fire and is having the clear better year.

Westburg is playing very well but Jose Ramirez deserves it way more. 

The voters are so much better now than they used to be, for the most part. Kwan getting in was great to see.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Santander was close.  Missed by 2% but Kwan and Soto deserve it over him.

Didnt see how close anyone else was but I don’t think it was close in the end elsewhere.

Mounty had a case about 3 weeks ago or so but Vlad has been on fire and is having the clear better year.

Westburg is playing very well but Jose Ramirez deserves it way more. 

The voters are so much better now than they used to be, for the most part. Kwan getting in was great to see.

O'Hearn came very close too (Alvarez had 53%, O'Hearn had 47%).

47 minutes ago, CynBeth said:

Hopefully some more of our guys made the reserves. We find out on Sunday.

Paredes will probably be the Tampa rep. He plays third mostly but not just third.  Devers is the only other third base candidate and it’s really close between the 2.  They could take Westburg as the back up at second though.  Just a matter of who they pick from Texas and if they give it to Semien.

Jaren Duran should make it.

Santander has a chance. Westburg has a chance.

I still think it’s Burnes, Gunnar and Adley and that the other 2 position guys plus GRod and Kimbrel get left out.  We really should have 4-5 guys imo.

Congrats to Henderson and Rutschman, hopefully there will be many more to come for them

As for the others, I guess we need to start at the bottom of the standings if we want every team represented:

CHW (24 wins) - Crochet must be the favorite to represent the Sox, maybe Fedde but no position players

OAK (31) - Mason Miller for sure.

LAA (36) - Tyler Anderson.  Three pitchers so far

DET (38) - Tarik Skubal, pitcher #4.  Riley Greene, maybe in addition.

TOR (39) - Vlad Guerrero already in.  That's going to be it.

TEX (39) - this is definitely a road block team for Orioles hopefuls with Bochy managing.  Look for Josh Smith to usurp Westburg for a spot.  Marcus Semien may make it too despite his poor hitting.  Kirby Yates also probably makes it, maybe even Nathan Eovaldi.  I don't think he'll ignore Bobby Witt for Corey Seager.

TB (43) - I'd consider Isaac Paredes their best candidate and MLB may step in for that.  Makes it even harder for Westy.

HOU (43) - Altuve and Alvarez are already in.  There may be some massaging with Kyle Tucker getting an OF nod and then being replaced due to injury.  Ronel Blanco has a good shot.

BOS (45) - Yet another 3B is their best candidate in Rafael Devers but I think MLB goes with Tanner Houck.  Maybe they get both.  Jarren Duran another strong candidate.

KC (47) - Bobby Witt and Salvador Perez will back up Gunnar and Adley.  Seth Lugo makes it.

SEA (47) - Gotta be a pitcher, I dunno who, Logan Gilbert I guess.  So we're up to eight pitchers for sure.

MIN (48) - this one's tough.  Joe Ryan?  Correa as SS#3?  Jose Miranda?  Does Carlos Santana take a spot from Mountcastle?  I actually think it may be Byron Buxton taking an OF spot.

CLE (53) - Ramirez and Kwan are in.  Josh Naylor may take Mounty's spot.  Emmanuel Clase should be a lock.

NYY (54) - Judge and Soto already in.  I'm really not sure if they get more than those two.  I would've added some pitchers a month ago.

BAL (54) - so here we are, Rutschman and Henderson and ???  I think Burnes is next likely to get a spot, there is room on the staff for him.  I think Santander is next after Burnes as chances go; OF is surprisingly thin and if Tucker gets ILed out he can step in.  Westburg's gonna get snubbed for one or both of Paredes and Devers .  I don't think O'Hearn will make it and that is not a snub.  Mountcastle is the wild card; I think a spot will come down to him or Naylor.  Kimbrel does have a shot at making it as crazy as it may sound to us.

• Upvote 2