Coaching Rumors/changes thread

beaner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say a coach leaves for another school (for kicks, say Calipari leaves for Kentucky). Are his recruits allow to go with him to Kentucky? Do they have to go to Memphis? How does that work?
They are committed to Memphis, not the coach.

They can usually get out of the commitment though. And if the new school has scholarships available and the player is released from their commitment, they can follow the coach.

Say a coach leaves for another school (for kicks, say Calipari leaves for Kentucky). Are his recruits allow to go with him to Kentucky? Do they have to go to Memphis? How does that work?

They just said yes on ESPN since they haven't signed anything yet. 2 of the top 5 recruits in the country are committed to Memphis, and Wall is leaning towards them as well.

They just said yes on ESPN since they haven't signed anything yet. 2 of the top 5 recruits in the country are committed to Memphis, and Wall is leaning towards them as well.

Maybe Wall will go to Duke now! :D

Kentucky is throwing 5 million a year at Calipari.

Don't do it, Kentucky. Don't do it!
My understanding was that if Cal leaves, Xavier Henry would reopen his recruitment and likely land at Kansas...hence leaving them less interested in Lance, and giving us a great chance at him.

I take back what I said. Do it, Kentucky! Do it!

Archived