Friday 6/21 vs Houston

86this

Bonds had maybe the most impressive HR I've ever seen in this ballpark back in 2005(?). It was the opening weekend, and Roy Oswalt was on the mound. Oswalt got him into a two strike count and threw him a beautiful change up away that completely fooled him. Bonds still somehow stuck with it enough to pull it for a HR. It was unreal.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Yep.  Bonds would of hit Palmer.   Wonder what his career against Maddux was?

Maddux said he was the easiest hitter to pitch to.  He'd just walk him. (he said that in jest, I don't know what his record against Bonds was).

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Yep.  Bonds would of hit Palmer.   Wonder what his career against Maddux was?

I looked it up yesterday.  He hit Maddux very well compared to other hitters but not that well compared to all the other pitchers he roughed up. 

Interestingly the pitcher he struggled against the most was Dennis Martinez.  

http://www.highheatstats.com/2013/01/pitchers-who-bested-barry-bonds/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, G54377 said:

Bonds had maybe the most impressive HR I've ever seen in this ballpark back in 2005(?). It was the opening weekend, and Roy Oswalt was on the mound. Oswalt got him into a two strike count and threw him a beautiful change up away that completely fooled him. Bonds still somehow stuck with it enough to pull it for a HR. It was unreal.

Yeah, steroids just don't allow you to have the coordination to hit like he did. I'm not saying its right, but even without them, he'd still be the best hitter most of us have ever seen.