5 losses in a row. Baltimore...we have a problem. Thread revisit...O's have no way to win the WS unless...

OnlyOneOriole

41 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No one likes victory lapping more than this dude to say "I told you so."

If the Orioles won 5 in a row, he wouldn't be here.  He seldom pops up when things are going well but when things aren't looking so good?  He's out in force.

Really?   Who has been touting GH since last year as possibly being one of the greatest players of all time?  I have.  I believe I recall a post from you recently poo pooing him. 

I have defended Colton Cowser and Heston and others as well.  But i will call it like I see it.  If I see players that suck imo?  I call it out. 

And I put my money where my mouth is.  I actually bet the Os.  What do you do but mouth off on here?  Acting like the internet police.  

I bet the Os in specific games to win probably 100 times a year.  At least $300  a game.  Already 50 times this year. 

I have a $5000 bet on them to win the division at 3 to 1 this year.

$2500 on them to win the ALCS at 5 to 1.

$1000 on them to win the WS at 7 to 1.

Also Gunnar to win MVP at 15 to 1 for $400.

What have you done?

• Major Leaguer Cup of Coffee

$1000 on them to win the WS at 7 to 1.

Also Gunnar to win MVP at 15 to 1 for $400.

Again....if you are such an Os fan....show me.  Don't just mouth off. 

•  

22 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They did not.  Did they fade down the stretch like you sensed they would?  I will wait for the answer.

I never said that.  I said it was possible they wouldn't make the playoffs but that they probably would.  I said with certainty that they would not win a playoff series or the WS.

They didn't. 

This year?  I have bet many $1000s on them, as shown in the post above, to actually win the division, ALCS, and WS.  

But I am not a patsy.  I am not going to just root for them because I bet them.  There is no way imo they can win any of those bets I have made after the injuries they have had.  They need to make major trades.  And I don't mean for John Flaherty.  Remember they also need pitchers for next year because Burnes probably won't be here either.

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

What have you done?

Oh, I don't know...I have not bragged about my asian wife, not bragged about my bowling score, not bragged about my gambling habit, not made political comments about things I can't stand being "woke" and "me too," not get pissy about people making things personal when I'm the one who's offered WAY more personal details on this board than any of the members that have been here for 10-15 years, not pretend to know everything about sports, and generally not acted like a textbook narcissist at every given opportunity.  

It's more like what I haven't done, really.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Oh, I don't know...I have not bragged about my asian wife, not bragged about my bowling score, not bragged about my gambling habit, not made political comments about things I can't stand being "woke" and "me too," not get pissy about people making things personal when I'm the one who's offered WAY more personal details on this board than any of the members that have been here for 10-15 years, not pretend to know everything about sports, and generally not acted like a textbook narcissist at every given opportunity.  

Maybe because you have actually nothing of importance to talk about from your life and all you have  is to  pathetically be on this board 24/7 and criticize others for things that you don't have or could never do. 

Here is my advice.

I told you before.  Stop talking about me or to me.  I don't talk to you.  Just ignore me.   Why do you even care?

I don't care about you.

At all. 

And...

GET A LIFE. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I never said that.  I said it was possible they wouldn't make the playoffs but that they probably would.  I said with certainty that they would not win a playoff series or the WS.

They didn't. 

This year?  I have bet many $1000s on them, as shown in the post above, to actually win the division, ALCS, and WS.  

But I am not a patsy.  I am not going to just root for them because I bet them.  There is no way imo they can win any of those bets I have made after the injuries they have had.  They need to make major trades.  And I don't mean for John Flaherty.  Remember they also need pitchers for next year because Burnes probably won't be here either.

This is a direct quote I copy and pasted from your first post in that thread.

And you’re saying you never said this?  “But I sense we are starting to fade”?

“And that team still didn't win anything.  The playoffs are a different animal.  Right now we are a good team playing above our water line.  But I sense we are starting to fade and again....that is ok.  It is great experience for the coming years. “

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bro, are you even trying?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

bf9.gif

8 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I do not write this post to sound ultra one way or the other.    In other words I am an not an extremist.  I am however a realist. 

The facts are this.   The Os have lost 5 in a row and have lost 3 of their starting 5 pitchers.  Add on top of that their top middle reliever and maybe the best closer in baseball.  All since last August or so.

The injuries have added up and added up.  And trust me Jackson Holliday is not coming to save the day. 

IMO the Os need to trade at a minimum Jackson Holliday, Heston, and another decent prospect from AA. 

All for pitching.  And by pitching I mean a Big time starter under control for at least 2 or 3 years and 1 if not 2 relievers.

Because as the Os are situated now?  

I will say it again, just like I said last YEAR.....when I was proven right. 

The Os have no chance to win the ALCS, much less the WS, with the team they have.    NOW.

Before the pitching injuries?  Yes. I would have said they can.  I mean I love Means.  I love Bradish.  I love FB.  All 3 are potential all stars.  And add in the other injuries?

We are screwed unless we make trades. 

I would start with signing Trevor Bauer.  He throws 97 and is hungry.  Go from there.

So every time we lose a game we must trade one of our big 3 and sign a rapist?

It’s a 162 game season bud. Act like you’ve been here before. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Yo, @OnlyOneOriole how come you always say you were right when you “sensed” we were about to fade on August 12, 2023.  From August 12 thru the end of the year we went 29-16.    Do you feel like you got that one right?

“And that team still didn't win anything.  The playoffs are a different animal.  Right now we are a good team playing above our water line.  But I sense we are starting to fade and again....that is ok.  It is great experience for the coming years. “

And that team still didn't win anything, and neither did any other team except Texas. Must be nice to hang your hat on something that has 29 out of 30 possibility of happening

9 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I do not write this post to sound ultra one way or the other.    In other words I am an not an extremist.  I am however a realist. 

The facts are this.   The Os have lost 5 in a row and have lost 3 of their starting 5 pitchers.  Add on top of that their top middle reliever and maybe the best closer in baseball.  All since last August or so.

The injuries have added up and added up.  And trust me Jackson Holliday is not coming to save the day. 

IMO the Os need to trade at a minimum Jackson Holliday, Heston, and another decent prospect from AA. 

All for pitching.  And by pitching I mean a Big time starter under control for at least 2 or 3 years and 1 if not 2 relievers.

The Os have no chance to win the ALCS, much less the WS, with the team they have.    NOW.

Before the pitching injuries?  Yes. I would have said they can.  I mean I love Means.  I love Bradish.  I love FB.  All 3 are potential all stars.  And add in the other injuries?

I would start with signing Trevor Bauer.  He throws 97 and is hungry.  Go from there.

The Orioles were bound to hit a rut. Get your hand off the panic button. 

The Orioles aren’t signing Bauer. So just Fudget about him. The don’t need to trade Holliday and Kjerstad. I’m okay if he finds a guy worth paying a top guy return along with a few others ala Kirby, Gilbert, Castillo etc.

Stop patting yourself on the back. We lost as did everyone else to a hot Rangers team. We are still 7 up in the top wildcard slot. And as Texas proved is all you have to do is get in to have a shot. 

9 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

trollface.jpg